Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Prevention of Footpad Lesions in Broilers

Published: October 11, 2017
Summary
Efficacy of using Silvafeed® Nutri P plant extract to improve poultry feet quality and welfare Footpad dermatitis (FPD) has become a major issue for broiler industry in recent years. The development of necrotic lesions on the feet can strongly impair the welfare of poultry. Moreover, it can affect animal productivity and the quality of chicken feet, causing important economic losses (May...
Related topics
Authors:
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Begerano Albert
Agrited
12 de octubre de 2017
Do you information, result with added enzymes to the barley formulation?
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
12 de octubre de 2017
We don't have such data because the trials are done with the ingredients that we produce: plant extracts (polyphenols/tannins). As far as I know, the authors acknowledged in this article also worked with a mixture of enzymes (xylanase, ß-glucanase, cellulase, pectinase, amylase, and mannanase) in a formulation containing barley, but it did not have any preventive effect on footpad lesions.
Begerano Albert
Agrited
12 de octubre de 2017
Olivier Desrues With my experience, the enzymes are improving the digesta and reducing the liter wetness, therefore less or not at all footpad lesions.
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
13 de octubre de 2017
Hi Albert, Yes I understand you can improve digestibility of some feedstuffs. But from what I have seen, it was not useful to prevent footpad lesions (2012 J. Appl. Poult. Res). Perhaps you could also publish an article to share your experience Regards
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister