Iowa State Animal Scientists to Study Heat Stress in Poultry

Published on: 06/30/2011
Source : Iowa State University Website

AMES, Iowa - Iowa State University animal scientists are collaborating on a study of poultry genetics and management to help chickens deal with increased heat. A $4.7 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) is funding the five-year project. Carl Schmidt, associate professor at the University of Delaware, leads the study with scientis...

remove_red_eye 13660 forum 7 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Stewart MacLean Stewart MacLean
Marketing Manager
June 30, 2011
It would be of value to know if embryonic heat stress (applied during the incubation process) might precondition the future broilers and layers to better withstand high temperatures during their productive lives.
Jimmy Wan Jimmy Wan
Student
June 30, 2011
it's a good news, and this project will promote the development of the poultry production in hot climate greatly.
Dr Jaydip Mulik Dr Jaydip Mulik
Master Of Veterinary Science & Master of Business Administration
July 1, 2011
Dear All,

I wish you the better success to find the role of epigenetics concern to heat stress.

May GOD help you to reach at positive conclusion or outcome.

regards,

Dr Jaydip
ABIODUN WINNIRAN ABIODUN WINNIRAN
Marketing Manager
July 2, 2011
DEAR SCIENTISTS,

THIS INDEED IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT AS THE STRONG INITIATIVE HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THE US GOVERNMENT TO FINANCE THE RESEARH. HOWEVER, I FEEL ELATED THAT, CONSIDERATION HAS ALSO BEEN GIVEN TO THE CHICKEN BREEDS NATIVE TO AFRICA FOR THEIR "GENETIC SIGNATURES" IN RELATION TO HEAT REACTIONS.

I WISH YOU SUCCESS AS YOU EMBARK ON THIS STUDY WITH GOD'S GUIDANCE ALL THROUGH. AMEN.

BEST WISHES.

ABIODUN O. WINNIRAN,mnimn.

July 2, 2011
I'm an Associate Prof. in the department of animal science, faculty of agric sc. University of Gezira Sudan, I did a lot of research work solving or alleviating the problem of heat stress in the tropics and I;ve a promissing findings which I tried in the field and brought back good impacts specially in open system of poultry keeping in Sudan. I hope that if I can join this group doing research on heat stress in poultry

best wishes
Dr. Sayda, A.M.Ali. Gezira Sudan
Zhonghong Hu Zhonghong Hu
Animal Nutritionist
July 4, 2011
It is a good topic. The results of this research will help the farmers to improve the production performance of poultry in summer.
Jibran Hussain Jibran Hussain
M.Sc(Hons) poultry science
July 6, 2011
JIbran Hussain
Ph.D Scholor UVAS Lahore Pakistan.

Dear all the scientists of this particular research project i wish u all the success in your objectives as u are really working on the need of hour.
print
(13660)
(7)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Iowa State Animal Scientists to Study Heat Stress in Poultry?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Frederic Hoerr
Frederic Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Strasburg, Virginia, Estados Unidos de América

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved