Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Iowa State Animal Scientists to Study Heat Stress in Poultry

Published: June 29, 2011
Summary
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State University animal scientists are collaborating on a study of poultry genetics and management to help chickens deal with increased heat. A $4.7 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) is funding the five-year project. Carl Schmidt, associate professor at the University of Delaware, leads the study with scien...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Stewart Maclean
Natureform, Inc
30 de junio de 2011
It would be of value to know if embryonic heat stress (applied during the incubation process) might precondition the future broilers and layers to better withstand high temperatures during their productive lives.
Jimmy Wan
30 de junio de 2011
it's a good news, and this project will promote the development of the poultry production in hot climate greatly.
Dr Jaydip Mulik
1 de julio de 2011
Dear All, I wish you the better success to find the role of epigenetics concern to heat stress. May GOD help you to reach at positive conclusion or outcome. regards, Dr Jaydip
ABIODUN DAVIDS
2 de julio de 2011
DEAR SCIENTISTS, THIS INDEED IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT AS THE STRONG INITIATIVE HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THE US GOVERNMENT TO FINANCE THE RESEARH. HOWEVER, I FEEL ELATED THAT, CONSIDERATION HAS ALSO BEEN GIVEN TO THE CHICKEN BREEDS NATIVE TO AFRICA FOR THEIR "GENETIC SIGNATURES" IN RELATION TO HEAT REACTIONS. I WISH YOU SUCCESS AS YOU EMBARK ON THIS STUDY WITH GOD'S GUIDANCE ALL THROUGH. AMEN. BEST WISHES. ABIODUN O. WINNIRAN,mnimn.
Sayda Ali
Gezira University
2 de julio de 2011
I'm an Associate Prof. in the department of animal science, faculty of agric sc. University of Gezira Sudan, I did a lot of research work solving or alleviating the problem of heat stress in the tropics and I;ve a promissing findings which I tried in the field and brought back good impacts specially in open system of poultry keeping in Sudan. I hope that if I can join this group doing research on heat stress in poultry best wishes Dr. Sayda, A.M.Ali. Gezira Sudan
Zhonghong Hu
4 de julio de 2011
It is a good topic. The results of this research will help the farmers to improve the production performance of poultry in summer.
Jibran Hussain
Jibran Hussain
6 de julio de 2011
JIbran Hussain Ph.D Scholor UVAS Lahore Pakistan. Dear all the scientists of this particular research project i wish u all the success in your objectives as u are really working on the need of hour.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister