Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Innate Immunity: Impact on Broiler Performances

Published: January 18, 2018
Summary
“A healthier bird produces an economic output” is the one phrase which every poultry producer would agree upon from their daily farming experiences. The poultry industry strives to achieve this healthier state through precise nutritional and management practices. In nature, the chicks are being exposed to various challenges like physical, environmental and infectious agents from the m...
Related topics
Authors:
Yuvaraj Shanmugam
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Kb Bohara
24 de enero de 2018
Dear dr Yubraj I think this issue is very very important not only fron economic but also from sustainability point of views . We all know that biological diversity in this beautifull planet is based on symbiosm and no stalk-holder has right to violate the rule of game You have have sweetly and shortly discussed the basics of Innet defense system of our (animal)body. I have a strong feelings that Young scientist tody need to focus more on adoptive part of reseach so that we can protect biodiversity and handover to our future generation. In my opinion animal body defence systems and a country's security systems are operated in same principles . The three examples I present below probably are some among innate system failure example 1 border security wall building between Mxico and USA proposal of US president: why existing border security unable to prevent unwanted ailment from entering into the nation and creating a national probleb 2 never ending Peace and security problem in J & K of India. 3. The quality of innate defence difference between indigenous local species presendays modern species or strains of chicken. The reasons of above three examples in my opinion are also samilar. Border innate security failed because of financial corruption and the innate defence of our modern chicken can not protect them effectively because we ( the scientist ) have focused only on our vested interest while developing the new strains for commercial purpose only and recommending hundreds of exogenous different molecule to be applied ( about which we ourselves are not 100 percent sure) as solutions
Yuvaraj Shanmugam
24 de enero de 2018
Kb Bohara Thanks for your comments. In future, investing resources to study, understand and utilize the innate responses would add a lot of value to treat or prevent the diseases in an effective and economic means.
Serdar Özlü
24 de enero de 2018

Dear Dr. Shanmugam,

For chicks, innate immunity is started from egg yolk utilization. Therefore, we need to recognize the quality of chick, which had absorbed yolk before placed to the house. When you have a good chick quality due to hatchery management, you dont need to care of chicks after placed. They can manage their mortality and production performance ability. I think that you need to focus on the breeder immunity for broiler performance. It can be affected from them. Kind regards.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister