Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Broiler Chickens

Forum: Stunted growth in Broiler Chickens

Published: October 19, 2011
By: Luka Mzumara

I would like to find out what are the causes of stunted growth in broiler chickens? How can this be controlled in a flock once it happens, what are the remedial measures to save the flock?

Related topics
Authors:
Luka Mzumara
Hybrid Poultry
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Olufunke Ajilore
23 de octubre de 2016

What is probiotic?

OBIORA ONONYE
28 de noviembre de 2016

Please, I am having a challenge with my birds, which are broilers. They are having this challenge of stunted growth, they are in their 7th week. Please, advise me on what to do.

Kevin Mwambi
Mombasa Maize Millers
16 de enero de 2018

One of our big farmers complained of stunted growth late last year. As usual, the first suspect is the feed always. I reformulated thinking maybe it could be due to my Soybean content in the diets. Still no change. Eventually, I told him to get a new lot, divide into 2 and put one batch on our feed & the other on our competitor. Our feed did better. He had no choice but swallow his pride and do what I recommended before. Shut down the farm & do an all-in all-out system. He reopened the farm after 2 months and the performance was excellent as expected.
Hygiene & management plays a critical role in achieving a good flock performance.

Karim Nathani
24 de enero de 2018
Kevin Mwambi.. Hi Kevin can you please advice what is the best detergent and disinfectant to sterilize and wash water drinking lines?
Joseph Akayi Nammonywa
29 de enero de 2018
To sterilize water drinking lines try Lupromix from BASF
patson katongo
3 de junio de 2018

Is this platform still available?

Aliyu Elayo
20 de julio de 2018

Interesting contributions from colleagues on stunted broilers.

Michael
29 de noviembre de 2018
Can coccidiosis attack 7 days old broilers chickens? Please i need an urgent answer either in this platform or through my email...tersooaka6@gmail.com
Moses chipili
18 de diciembre de 2018
What should be done to the already stunted broiler chickens for them to improve?
Patricia mvula
21 de diciembre de 2018
Experience the stunted in the broilers 6 weeks they look like 3weeks and how can boast them I'm depressed
Joseleen
19 de mayo de 2019
Does the stunted growth happen only in winter?
Mujaks farms
29 de mayo de 2019

What can be used to cure stunted growth in boiler chicken when it occurs?

Terence wuwih
25 de enero de 2020

I was recruited in a poultry farm where I met the broilers not doing well at all and right now they are eight weeks no change. I learned they weren't given adequate feed. Can the situation be corrected?

Kevin Mwambi
Mombasa Maize Millers
14 de marzo de 2020

You need to share more information on your flock. i.e Initial placemment weight, weekly weight gains, house disinefection etc etc.

Kaunda Kelvin
5 de mayo de 2020
What is this reovirus and probiotics? New poultry farmer
Lawal Akolade jelili
16 de noviembre de 2020
This is a very nice topic, but please in case it happen what should someone do and what is effective medicneto be use. Thanks
Aliyu Elayo
25 de noviembre de 2020
Mostly from the parents stock & poor management. Thanks
HENRY LUKOLE
23 de diciembre de 2020
why is that during winter we do experience stunt in broilers and most commonly blood in stool. What could be the best remedy for these?
Abdullahi Jibril
5 de abril de 2021
Although I just realized the importance of amoxicillin of recent, I must accept the fact that I have learned a lot here. Thanks.
Rashay  Rhooms
10 de julio de 2021
I would like to know about the stunted chicken I have some 5 week old an they look like 3 week old is there anything that can be done to make them get bigger
Blessing Amaka
4 de octubre de 2021
My birds of 4 weeks looks like 2 weeks old broiler I think it's due to low temperature during brooding Please what's the remedy
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister