Effect of Dietary Supplementation of Organic Acids on Broiler Chicken

Forum: Effect of Dietary Supplementation of Organic Acids on Performance, Intestinal Histomorphology, and Serum Biochemistry of Broiler Chicken

Published on: 10/14/2010
Author/s : T. Banday, S. Adil, G. A. Bhat, M. S. Mir and M. Rehman (Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir)
The aim of the study was to determine the effect of dietary supplementation of organic acids on the performance, intestinal histomorphology, and blood biochemistry of broiler chicken. The birds in the control (T1) group were fed the basal diet whereas in other treatment groups basal diet was supplemented with 2% butyric acid (T2), 3% butyric acid (T4), 2% fumaric acid (T4), 3% fumaric acid (...
remove_red_eye 3717 forum 7 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Dr Jaydip Mulik Dr Jaydip Mulik
Master Of Veterinary Science & Master of Business Administration
October 14, 2010

Dear Sir,

You have done an excellent work on the benefits of using the Organis acids as a

growth promoter in Commercial broilers.Your authenticated data will help & promote

the farmers/integrators & poultry technicians to shift on organic acids instead of

using gut acting antibiotics or antibiotic growth promoters.

Thanks & regards,

Dr Jaydip Mulik

Dr Asad Abbas Malik Dr Asad Abbas Malik
DVM, M.Phill Animal Nutrition
October 15, 2010

Congratulaions to All of you on doing such a benificial work.

I must say this is a great effort to produce healthy & safe meat for human consumption. These organic acids are safer than antibiotic growth promoters. No tension of withdrawl periods or side effect etc.

can you tell me what is the upper limit to use these acids?

Nadir Alloui Nadir Alloui
Veterinary Doctor
October 15, 2010
Very good research article on acid added to broiler chicken feed
Arshaq Ramzee Arshaq Ramzee
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
October 16, 2010
Organic acids play some essential role in food digestion process and sometimes some over the top addition in feed during some harsh conditions and to promote protection against intestinal diseases, proved very useful.

This research further strengthen the role of organic acids positively and authors must be praised for their work not only because it is an important issue but also due to conditions in Indian held Kashmir. Despite all the atrocities and war like situation, the work of these scientists are commendable.
Ranilo A. Fulleros Ranilo A. Fulleros
Sales Manager
October 28, 2010
very good researched, this will contribute a lot to the farmers.
Elsayed Mickdam Elsayed Mickdam
Animal Nutritionist
April 5, 2011
very good but i want to ask, are organic acids used in quial nutrition?
Dedy Kusmanagandi Dedy Kusmanagandi
Veterinary Doctor ; Master Business Administration
October 24, 2016
Very good topic, I will share this to my colleagues
print
(3717)
(7)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Copyright © 1999-2021 Engormix - All Rights Reserved