Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Experience in monitoring IBD antibody titers of broiler birds of two close house farms involving three IBD vaccinations per cycle

Published: March 19, 2015
Summary
Back ground One of the challenges I had during my work as the research and development manager of one of the leading semi-integrated (rearing/processing) broiler operations in Sri Lanka was to investigate why infectious bursal disease (IBD)  out breaks occurred from time to time in the two close house broiler farms belonging to the company despites of administering three IBD vaccines duri...
Related topics:
Authors:
Christopher Hettiarachchi
Recommend
Comment
Matías Daniel Richetta
INTA Argentina
19 de septiembre de 2016
Hello Mr. Hettiarachchi. I'm interested about the IDEXX score grouping you have made (Table 1). I read that it's made according to IDEXX Xcheck protocols, and I would like to know were to find these protocols and/or some references to understand how that categorical scale is constructed or what does it mean for a chicken to be within a certain category. I use IDEXX IBD kit for research purposes and it would be very helpful to know what is that scale based in. If you can provide any information regarding this, I would be very grateful. Kind regards. Matías Richetta PhD Student
Recommend
Tran Trong Giao
7 de agosto de 2023
Matías Daniel Richetta I think when we using IDEXX KIT and Software from IDEXX, when machine read result, it was done auto group ( Group 0, Group 1.....) by level of Titer. It is make auto by Software of IDEXX. I also concern about Titer Grouping for ND, APV, IBV....also.
Recommend
Tran Trong Giao
5 de agosto de 2023

Dear Dr,

With another disease, as ND, APV, IBV....how can we know Titer Grouping as IBD above - examples: Group 0 titer from 0 to 396, Group 1 titer from 397 to 999......( using IDEXX Test KIT)

Best regards,

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.