Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Evaluation of unintended 1/96 infectious bronchitis vaccine transmission in broilers after direct contact with vaccinated ones

Published: September 2, 2019
Summary
Infectious bronchitis (IB) was described in the USA for the first time as a respiratory disease of chickens. Its aetiological agent was isolated in 1936 and then identified as a Gammacoronavirus, namely infectious bronchitis virus (IBV) (Cook et al. 2012). Being a single-stranded RNA virus, IBV is highly susceptible to spontaneous mutation and genetic recombination, meaning that a large number of...
Related topics
Authors:
Giovanni Franzo
Università Degli Studi di Padova
Follow
Konstantinos Koutoulis
Poultry Veterinary Study Group of de EU (PVSGEU)
Follow
Gema Ramon
Ceva Animal Health
Follow
Mattia Cecchinato
Follow
Show more
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Mustafa Ezat
Mustafa Ezat
23 de octubre de 2019
dear contact time 5 hrs. at hatchery or during transportation that enough for evaluation safety of vaccine and spreading capability from vaccinated to unvaccinatted chicks ,I need clarification thanks with my best wishes
Mattia Cecchinato
23 de octubre de 2019

Dear,
the safety of the vaccination was evaluated looking at clinical signs in all groups every day for 11 days (the end of the trial).

The aim of our paper was to evaluate the spreading of the vaccine during standard operation at the hatchery where, in some cases, chicks need to be vaccinated with different vaccines and also transported together with animal vaccinated with different vaccines. For this reason, we keep the different vaccinated chicks in contact for 5 hours.

In the field in the same flock vaccinated birds could stay for longer time in contact with unvaccinated birds (it's difficult to reach 100% of vaccine coverage) and so the spread of the vaccine could, of course, be different.

I hope to answer your question and if you need more clarification do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanh
29 de octubre de 2019
Mattia Cecchinato what if we keep birds 2-3 hour? We do IB variant and IB classical. TKS
Mattia Cecchinato
30 de octubre de 2019
I think in term of spread no difference.
Wijnen
Poultry Veterinary Study Group of de EU (PVSGEU)
6 de mayo de 2020
Perhaps I am missing someting, but I think that instead of table 1, table 2 is placed. This means table 2 is twice in your publication. Regards, Peter Wijnen
Mattia Cecchinato
6 de mayo de 2020
Dear Wijnen , table one in the original publication is referred to Animal groups and adopted vaccine program Control group was vaccinated with Mass plus 1/96 strain while hatchery and truck groups were only vaccinated with Mass vaccine. Best regards, Mattia
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister