Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effects of a Water Applied Biopromotor and Feed Applied MOS on the Prevalence of Colibacillosis and Egg Production in Commercial Heavy Breeders

Published: April 3, 2018
Summary
Related topics:
Authors:
Carlos De Oliveira
Vetanco
Sherry Layton
Vetanco Argentina
Influencers who recommended :
Susan Watkins, Sherry Layton and 1 more
Recommend
Comment
Dr Manal Kamal
11 de abril de 2018
This is the new trend in poultry nutrition and its a good data to overcome the the increasing mortality and to enhance the egg production, but you added 2 levels in water while, i find only one level (0.2ml/ bird) in 2 ages (24 w and 18 days later) and its need clarification and which level led to these results. Many Thanks
Recommend
Sherry Layton
Vetanco Argentina
11 de abril de 2018
Dr Manal Kamal Hi, I believe just a small confusion surrounding the word dose in the following sentence: “treated with 2 doses of the biopromoter (0.2ml/bird) in the drinking water at week 24 and 18 days later”. Doses in this context refers to the biopromotor was given twice (so times administered) and not levels or amount given; as the amount or level administered is always 0.2ml.
Recommend
ajoy chandra roy
11 de abril de 2018
Thank you for your valuable presentation. Please clarification of bio promoter
Recommend
ajoy chandra roy
11 de abril de 2018
Please more details about biopromotor & MOs means composition,generic name ,company etc
Recommend
Carlos De Oliveira
Vetanco
11 de abril de 2018
ajoy chandra roy Hi, Thank you for your interest. You can find more information about the biopromoter (Gamaxine) and the MOS (Uniwall MOS) in www.bvscience.com
Recommend
Amirthalingam Natarajan
11 de abril de 2018
Hello Impressive straight work. Could you please clarify about the duration of biopromoter in water?
Recommend
Sherry Layton
Vetanco Argentina
12 de abril de 2018
Amirthalingam Natarajan Hello. The biopromoter was given twice at week 24 of life and 18 days later at a calculated dose of 0.2ml/chicken added to the drinking water. It normally takes about 4-6 hours for the chickens to consume all the product added.
Recommend
Christopher Hettiarachchi
12 de abril de 2018
Hi Interesting work. What interested me most is the process of making the inactivated Bacillus subtilis fragments. What type of microorganisms that were involved in the fermentation and do you have any idea of sizes of cell wall fragments.
Recommend
Sherry Layton
Vetanco Argentina
12 de abril de 2018
Christopher Hettiarachchi Hi. The only microorganism involved was a specifically selected strain of Bacillus subtilis. Unfortunately, I do not have any information of the size of the yeast cell wall fragments. All the information available on the products can be found at www.bvscience.com or www.vetanco.com.
Recommend
Sayed Mohammad Mortazavi
13 de abril de 2018
Hi, I think this is a good report and it could be a great way to control the E coli infections. I would like to know which company produce this product, and is it in the market or not?
Recommend
Sherry Layton
Vetanco Argentina
14 de abril de 2018
Sayed Mohammad Mortazavi Hi yes these products are available in the market by both BV Science and Vetanco. All the information available on the products can be found at www.bvscience.com or www.vetanco.com.
Recommend
David S. O. K. Quartey
17 de abril de 2018
Good work done.
Recommend
Emmanuel Nwaotule
18 de abril de 2018

Great thanks to Carlos De Oliveira, Justino Hernandez and Sherry Layton for this interesting presentation. I observed from the presentation, that the farm in question had a historical challenge of colibacillosis, diarrhea and reduced egg production. But with the introduction of a bio-promoter and yeast cell wall [ MOS] in a treated pen, there was a general improvement in health status of the birds and egg production, with reduced mortalities. Now my suggestion is this, while I was a poultry manager years back here in Badagry, Nigeria, we observed the same challenge, we checked the feed ingredients, which were not constant. We checked the water, which was a constant and observed bacterial contamination from water lines and water holding tanks. Flushing and cleaning with appropriate medicament were done with great success. I suggest and advise that poultry caretakers should constantly check water source in order to avert constant enteric challenges.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.