Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effects of increasing levels of dietary L-Leucine on growth performance, carcass traits and blood parameters of male broilers in the grower period

Published: August 2, 2021
Summary
Related topics:
Authors:
Hossien Mohammadzadeh kratei
Mohammad Hosein Shahir
Zanjan University
Influencers who recommended :
Talaat Mostafa El-Sheikh
Recommend
Comment
Oscar Briceño
5 de agosto de 2021

Could you comment if in the experiment you conducted you had to make any adjustments to the amino acids Isoleucine and Valine, in order to maintain a balance in the protein profile?

Recommend
Mohammad Hosein Shahir
Zanjan University
9 de agosto de 2021
Dear Oscar Briceño We just increased dietary leucine levels in valine and isoleucine sufficient diets. Recent research have shown that the antagonism between leucine and branched chain amino acids occurs in high leucine and low valine or isoleucine diets. Our experimental ration had enough valine and isoleucine according to Aviagen ( Ross 308) recommendations.
Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
1 de septiembre de 2021
The team of researchers involved in this study would like to report that the fundamentals presented to Dr Oscar Briceño, where they consider that the use of adequate levels of valine and isoleucine in the feed would be sufficient to neutralize the antagonism of excess leucine with these two amino acids, it doesn't seem right to me. I think this statement would make some sense if the improvements obtained in the performance parameters and evaluated carcass, due to the increase in leucine levels, had been linear.
Recommend
Mohammad Hosein Shahir
Zanjan University
4 de septiembre de 2021
Juarez Donzele we added 5 dietary synthetic leucine levels to a basal diet containing adequate valine and isoleucine. Performance improved by almost 8%. I can send the article. please email me: shahir_m@znu.ac.ir.
Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
8 de septiembre de 2021
Mohammad Hosein Shahir I don't think I made myself understood. My consideration was made based on your explanations made to the questioning of Dr Oscar Briceño, where it is stated that levels of the amino acids valine and isoleucine in the requirement of birds, is sufficient to neutralize the antagonism of excess leucine with these two amino acids., This statement does not seems correct to me, I think that the antagonism also occurs, whether or not valine and isoleucine are in the birds' requirement.
Recommend
Mohammad Hosein Shahir
Zanjan University
9 de septiembre de 2021
When the levels of valine and isoleucine are above their minimum requirements in the practical diets, it is unlikely to observe the performance reduction in broilers due to Leu excess and BCAA antagonism.
Recommend
Mohammad Hosein Shahir
Zanjan University
9 de septiembre de 2021
The adverse effects of excess Leu have been demonstrated mainly in diets containing marginal or deficient levels of Val and Ile.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.