Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Bio-Efficacy of Feed Proteases in Poultry and their Interaction with other Feed Enzymes

Published: December 15, 2013
Summary
I. INTRODUCTION The use of exogenous proteases in poultry feed has become more prevalent in recent years, following the broader commercial acceptance of other feed enzymes like phytases and xylanases, and increased pressure on the cost of proteinaceous ingredients. Most current commercial proteases for animal feed are alkaline proteases of bacterial origin. Feed cost is reduced with the inclu...
Authors:
Luis Romero
dsm-firmenich
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Tariq Mushtaq
16 de diciembre de 2013
Very good review. However, it focused more on Axtra XAP rather proteases per se.
Rafael Duran
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
16 de diciembre de 2013
Hello there Luis and Peter. Many thanks for such a reviwe, with, in my opinion, very interesting insights in the role of proteases together with NSPases. At the end of the day this is what in commercial conditions most of poultry producers would do. Proteases alone are showing an effect but the combined effect is what matters at the end. As said, many thanks for very good review and keep the good work. From a cold but sunny Spain, Rafa.
Tariq Mushtaq
16 de diciembre de 2013
Good to see the comments of Rafael. There is much more to be done on proteases. As discussed in review, this is not a straight forward like phytases. There are many proteases, variation in units and unit definitions, synergistic and antagonistic effects of different proteases, different optimum pH, feed buffering effects and many more. We need make it simple for the users/nutritionist. Keeping confused values for different amino acid digestibility and matrix values may shake the confidence of the user despite its un-match effects. I agree that we should start with very conservative approach in term of digestibility values.
Uday Patel
Adifo - Feed and Food industry
17 de diciembre de 2013
Nice review. Wonder how it goes with phytase?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister