Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Silvafeed® Nutri P: the right solution to prevent and treat diarrheal diseases

Published: May 17, 2017
Summary
Gastrointestinal disorders remain a challenge to control and can severely affect the health and welfare of different animal species. Yet, plants produce an impressive array of compounds which can potentially be used as natural solutions to improve gut health. Tannins are widely spread in the plant kingdom and they are certainly an element of interest in this sense. Thanks to their antibacterial,...
Related topics
Authors:
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Mehwish Khan
18 de mayo de 2017
What about silvafeed in poultry diet .
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
18 de mayo de 2017
Many thanks for your interest. First, the choice of an animal model for monogastrics was made to get some insights on the mechanisms of actions. For poultry we can expect very similar effect, which is also supported by our field trials.
Mehwish Khan
18 de mayo de 2017
As i am doing mphil in poultry science and i read that its not good for poultry .thanks for your reply
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
18 de mayo de 2017
Good luck with this. Also, be careful if you come across old literature - it may not give you a correct overview of tannin benefits. Once you get the right dose and tannin composition, you will see a lot of good things!
Eros baroni
18 de mayo de 2017
I wanted to ask Dr. Desrues, I used the tannin in combination with organic and inorganic acids, in growing pigs, and I found an enhancement of the effects. Is it just my feeling on the field, or do you have any evidence that this happens, or is it a useless combination? Thank you for the reply.
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
19 de mayo de 2017
Dear Marco, very interesting point there. We have got feedback from farms that support your field experience. From the published reports, it seems that such combination is at least not detrimental; and in some cases can give good results (partly due to the additives or synergistic effects on bacterial populations in the gut, with less pathogenic species and more beneficials ones). But the possible combinations of types of tannins and acidifiers are numerous... and might not all give the same results. So to be continued
Eros baroni
20 de septiembre de 2017
I use the tannins topic to ask a question: I have read that hydrolysed tannins can have an inhibitory effect on the total activity of the blind bacteria, an interesting aspect because this reduction could result in a lower microbial synthesis of cannula and indole, which is responsible for the smell of vermin intestinal tract of whole male pigs. Do you have any experiences or studies that can confirm this? Where can I find them? thank you
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
21 de septiembre de 2017
Hi Marco, Good to see that you keep track of every possible use of tannins! Yes there are studies on hydrolysable tannins to reduce boar taint, but to my understanding they mainly look at the effect on hormones and enzymes that influence clearance of skatole. Bilic 2016, Agro Sustain. Dev 36:62 (DOI 10.1007/s13593-016-0399-1) Bee 2016, Animal 1:9 (doi:10.1017/S1751731116002597) my email: odesrues@silvateam.com
Eros baroni
21 de septiembre de 2017
Thank you sir. Desrues, I am very interested in the use of tannins and the various uses that can be made, even non-food use example quebracho tree tannins, for controlling and productions of compounds that cause manure odors, including hydrogen sulphide. I've read the studies ARS (USDA) scientists research and I hope the results obtained in vitro can be replicated in breeding.
Steffen Hansen
PIG.dk
24 de septiembre de 2017
Do you have any trials comparing the effect on animal performance of 2500 ppm ZnO with your product in post-weaning piglets?
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
25 de septiembre de 2017
Hi Steffen, Yes one study, although they compared 3000 ppm ZnO with partial replacement (Silvafeed+half dose ZnO). It gave good results for FCR, BWG and reduction of diarrhea (no visible change for feed intake)
Steffen Hansen
PIG.dk
27 de septiembre de 2017
Olivier Desrues Any link to that investigation or just some performance data?
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
27 de septiembre de 2017
Steffen Hansen currently unpublished, but I can send by email some performance data (odesrues@silvateam.com) I will check if we will publish this on Engormix anytime soon
Steffen Hansen
PIG.dk
27 de septiembre de 2017
Olivier Desrues Thanks
Eros baroni
25 de septiembre de 2017
I was inspired by this research and found interesting benefits as I wrote in a previous post. https://actavetscand.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/1751-0147-52-19?site=actavetscand.biomedcentral.com
Steffen Hansen
PIG.dk
27 de septiembre de 2017
Marco Baroni I receive an error when I try to open the link
Olivier Desrues
Silvateam
27 de septiembre de 2017
Marco Baroni Yes I remember, I just hope you have tried with italian chestnut extract! You can contact me for this of course. I am waiting for research papers to be published on diahrrea in piglets, so I will keep you update.
Eros baroni
27 de septiembre de 2017
I checked the site is this: https://actavetscand.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/1751-0147-52-19?site=actavetscand.biomedcentral.com Try also to find it on the site: https://actavetscand.biomedcentral.com/ I do not understand I have no problems finding it. good work and good luck.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister