Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

PIG FARM IN GHANA

Forum: HOW TO START A COMMERCIAL PIG FARM IN GHANA

Published: March 8, 2010
By: Opoku Agyeman

I have a 40 acre farm in Ghana, West Africa which I am plannig of turning into a PIG production enterprise. I am actively seeking professional recommendations as how to commence the project on a industrial scale. My goal is to have a farm where i will produce and process to the market. These are the areas that i require suggestions:

1. the number of sow that i need to start a successful operation
2. modern design of housing for the pigs
3. the type of breed that will withstand the tropics
4. equipments required for slaughtering, processing and etc
5. development of feeding on the farm
6. best practices to make this operation an investment winner

I will welcome any comments that will lead me to gathher as much information for me to begin the project.
It is slated to start in july of this year. thanks for all your inputs.

thanks
Opoku

Related topics
Authors:
Opoku Agyeman
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
isaacnkrumah
29 de octubre de 2020
isaacnkrumah2@yahoo.com I read one your of scholarly journals on piggery and would love to connect with you. I will be in Ghana next month to start my own pig farm. Please email me so we can connect. My plan is incorporate indeginous microbial organism (IMO) for my pen flooring. I have done some extensive research and would love to diseases with you. If we could meet in Ghana, that would be best for me. My farm will be at the Boankra area. Thanks. Isaac Nkrumah.
Dada Buabeng
13 de noviembre de 2020
Am planning to start a pig farm with 6 sows. Am a beginner. Is the size manageable?
Thomas kwakwah
30 de noviembre de 2020

I humbly request and suggest that pig farmers who are already in business and are experienced should put up a fee-paying programme to train people who are interested and ready to invest in pig farming. On the other hand, if there exist any such training programme or institution,kindly let me know as I am dying to venture into pig production. I am a Ghanaian resident in Kumasi in Ashanti region.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister