Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Gizzard erosion in broilers and the impact of avian adenoviruses

Published: July 13, 2021
Summary
The identification of mild to moderate gizzard erosions (GE) in more than 20- 30% of the healthy commercial broilers examined in post mortem sessions, is commonly found in several countries in the Americas and Asia. The gizzard, also called muscular stomach, is composed of a koilin (keratenoid) layer and an underlying mucosa. GE is characterised by damage in the form of erosions that can beco...
Related topics:
Authors:
Manuel Contreras
Special Nutrients
Influencers who recommended :
Tahir Naseem, Muhammad Zeeshan and 3 more
Recommend
Comment
Surinder Maini
14 de julio de 2021
Excellent job, very informative article, clear n easy to understand, poultry industry will b benefited by this detailed information
Recommend
Tahir Naseem
15 de julio de 2021
Very informative article. I would like to add some other causes of Gizzard erosions i.e. ND, Avian Influenza, Marek's Disease,Chicken Infectious Anemia and Megalobactor infection.
Recommend
zubair karim
Naphco Pakistan Pvt LTD
19 de julio de 2021
Very informative thanks for share such nice information with us
Recommend
Dr Suresh Bhujangrao Ghuge
19 de septiembre de 2021
Yes
Recommend
Narayan
3 de octubre de 2021
Very nice informative topics i I would like to add some information that occasionally observed GE in caseAI infection. However vvnd could be considered as well
Recommend
Vasilis Kompoulis
13 de noviembre de 2021
Excellent analysis off the topic You can add the soya quality problems and the existence off nitrogen remains like’ ouria’. A substance used to increase the protein level off soya meal by false
Recommend
Dr Humphrey Mbugua
19 de enero de 2022
I have seen gizzard erosions consistently in Severe Newcastle Infections, Gumboro and Aflatoxicosis. Thank you for the broader inclusion of other causal diseases
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.