Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

pellet stability quality

Judging pellet stability as part of pellet quality

Published: June 19, 2007
Summary
Feed is too expensive to waste, so pellet quality has an economic value. There are a number of excellent methods to objectively measure and record the quality of pellets during the manufacturing process. This is the first step toward correcting destructive conditions and improving quality. Compound feed quality should be assessed by at least four different groups of characteristics: physiologica...
Related topics:
Influencers who recommended :
Md. Abdullah Ansari
Recommend
Comment
Dr.Iftikhar Ahmad Mashhadi
29 de noviembre de 2008
A good and informative article which enlightens the importance of pelleting process. The author favours the saturated steam but there remains a thirst about the amount of hydration in conditioning the feed in conditioner. However it is the best article to achieve the best goals for pelleting the feed.
Recommend
Mohammad Hosseini
30 de noviembre de 2008
This is very good of you......!
Recommend
Sundararajan Mani Iyer
Sundararajan Mani Iyer
11 de enero de 2009
Thanks for a nice and detailed technical info on pelletization. Sundararajan Mani Iyer
Recommend
Amir Attar
Javaneh khorasan
12 de enero de 2009
I agree with the article. Unfortunatly some feed mills don't have any tools for pellet judgment. And pellet durability is important for broiler performance.
Recommend
Mohammadreza Abdollahi
14 de febrero de 2009
Thanks for the article. It's a comprehensive review on Pellet quality. I think when we are talking about pellet quality we should consider the percentage of fines in pelleted feed, pellet durability, pellet hardness and also nutrient quality of pelleted feed which makes the issue a bit complicated. Low fine and good pellet durability does not necessary mean that we also have a good hardness. While pellet durability of feed and fine % may affect on performance by changing time spending for feeding and feed wastage and etc., pellet hardness can influence performance by its effect on GIT and also feed passage rate. On the other hand we also should consider nutrient quality of the pellet as a major issue. Sometimes providing good pellet in terms of durability or hardness costs losing some of nutrients during pelleting process.
Recommend
Mohammad Hosseini
19 de febrero de 2009
OK. Thank you for this Article. This is a complete Article.
Recommend
Dr. Sushil Chandra
Dr. Sushil Chandra
27 de febrero de 2009
This is quite comprehensive article of pelleting. We have experienced that in cattle feed, where usually 6 to 8 mm pellets are being produced, coarseness of mixed material, sufficient quantity of molasses (as binder), satisfactory conditioning time and optimum temp of conditioned material and pelleting temp plays vital role for producing good quality pellet.
Recommend
Neni
Neni
21 de marzo de 2009
Thanks for this article.
Recommend
Adel Halboni
Adel Halboni
29 de marzo de 2009
Thank you alot for this article and I hope you can put any new information regarding this issue.
Recommend
Dr.muhammad Hayyat
8 de junio de 2013
this is a comprehenssive discussion on pellet durability.thans for this.
Recommend
Mario Sierra
3 de septiembre de 2013
I need some help, i'm traing to work with the quick taster, but, i wish like to know, what parameters of durability, in your experience, you get best results in the field, with broilers and swines.? If you have some standars of durability using the method "quick tester" please share.
Recommend
Md. Abdullah Ansari
31 de enero de 2018
Very good article. Also informative to the nutritionist.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.