Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Not necessary high milk production needs to be related to lower fertility under heat stress conditions

Published: April 24, 2020
Summary
Achieving high conception rate is one of the conditions for achieving efficient production of milk at farm level. For many years the Israeli dairy industry suffered, like other farms in warm countries, a significant decline in the ability to pregnant the cows during summer months, causing reduction in the efficiency of milk production and seasonality in milk supply to the industry and market. Un...
Related topics:
Authors:
Israel Flamenbaum
Recommend
Comment
waqas ahmad
27 de abril de 2020

Dear, it was wonderfull article for us who always believe that pregnancy is inversely proportional to production, but this article changes my concept to think more forward. Could you explain that in this research other factor than cooling which may also contributing in these result like in top group may b they are feeding well ballanced diet proper ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acid saturated and unsaturated fatty acid supplementation. Supplementation of organic chelated trace minerals. Toxin level of feed . MUN in both group also starch to metabolizeable protein ration in both groups.

Recommend
Israel Flamenbaum
28 de abril de 2020

waqas ahmad Dear Sir
Thanks for your comments
I do not enter into other factors out of the cooling process, which is the field of my expertise. I leave the others to other experts in case they are interested in contributing to this discussion.

Recommend
waqas ahmad
28 de abril de 2020
Israel Flamenbaum ok thanks sir glad to see you that you are PHD in AS i am also BSc Hons In Animal Sciences
Recommend
Quazi M Emdadul Huque, Ph.D.
Multimode Group
28 de abril de 2020
yes
Recommend
Hilmar Gerhardt
30 de junio de 2020

Nice information....heat stress in summer is mostly a reduction in feed intake to improve feed intake and rumen function... big challenge for fertility milk protein SCC and BCS.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.