Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Use of enzymes in ruminant diets

The use of enzymes in ruminant diets

Published: June 14, 2007
Summary
Enzymes have been used extensively in the diets of poultry and pigs, and as silage additives, but, until recently, not much in the diets of ruminants (Beauchemin et al., 1995; Beauchemin et al., 1999a; Yang et al., 1999), due to the view that feed enzymes would be rapidly degraded in the rumen before they could have any effect (Beauchemin et al., 1995; Beauchemin et al., 1999a; Kung et al., 2000; ...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Dario Colombatto
Dario Colombatto
14 de junio de 2007

The article is a copy and paste from several articles published in the field of enzymes for ruminant diets. Some passages of this article are copies, word by word, of other real scientific articles. Authors are encouraged not to copy but to critically assess the available information. Moreover, some of the most important papers published recently are not listed, probably due to the fact that the reviews from which this article was written did not include them.

Recommend
Dr.shahzad  Naveed Jadoon
Alltech
31 de enero de 2010

it is very nice atricle about the use of enzymes in ruminant diets. i am wondering for information on reformulation in dairy feed. what would be effect of Amalyse, betagluconase,cellulase,protease,pectinase,phytase and xylanase. please provide me information. Can we use enzyme in dry and lactating animal both? what is exact method of calculation of enzyme dose for dairy?

looking forward for these information.

Recommend
Ehab Daoud
2 de febrero de 2010

These very good paper and it is a new way in the modern feeding in the dairy farming.and i can say that it is very benefical in hot stress ( in hot weather in the hot regiones.) pleas if you can send to me the references i will be very happy
my e mail : Daoudsantana@yahoo.com

Recommend
Shellykane
Shellykane
3 de febrero de 2010

The use of enzymes you told above in the forum is very very nice and interesting.I am really impressed by your article that it contains sufficient means about the use of enzymes...............................................
[equal][equal][equal][equal][equal][equal][equal][equal][equal][equal][equal]
Shelly
[url[equal]http://www.divineflowers.ca]North Vancouver Flowers[/url]

Recommend
Syed Hasan Raza
Syed Hasan Raza
22 de febrero de 2010

Enzyme feeding

I agree with first comment but anyhow the article is useful for new comers and it summarises many results.
The use of probiotic is not a new concept. Its use was stared in late 19th century. A detailed chapter is available in E.M. Sminger book Feeds and Feeding.

I my Master degree I used probiotics consisting of , Lactobacillus acidophilus and others in small ruminants. Recently many Master program theses have been produced using the enzymes for the production of biomass.
Enzymes increase the digestibility and availability of nutrients to animals, in this way increase the productivity. It is like ensiling the forages for better digestibility and break down of complex structures. Now Enzymes are also use during ensiling the fodder for better results.

For every type of enzyme its dose, preparation is available on label in market.
The important factor is stability of enzymes in environment and storing conditions of feed as they are very sensitive to pH.
Enzymes does not affect the genetic ability of animals production but help in providing the better feed, decreasing stress, increasing feed intake and keeping balance in body activities.

Recommend
Alloui Nadir
15 de mayo de 2010

The use of the enzymes is much more effective at the monogastric (poultry, pig.), because these animals do not have the capacity to degrade the fibers (NSP) of certain raw materials.
Their use in the ruminants must obligatorily take account of the price of the product, bus in the developing countries the expenses are very high in livestock production.

Recommend
Krishan Agarwal
14 de diciembre de 2010
the article is summarising all kinds of enzmes which could be used in ruminant feeding . the use of cellulase and xylanase for breaking complex sugar in fibrous fodder could be an added value when added to fooder feeding and on the other hand phytase in concentrate feed can make available phosphorous to animals which otherwise in binding form in cereal grains. there are certain issues need to be pondered as to the amount of live yeast ,time before feeding it is added,type of fodder and feed with it is mixed.
Recommend
S Murali
12 de junio de 2013
The article does not reveal anything about the dosage of individual enzymes for Dairy cattle.Can you provide those details which will be more clear to elaborate to the forum.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.