Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

How to solve heat stress in Dairy cow

Published: March 26, 2010
Summary
It is well known the great economic repercussion of heat stress in dairy cows, St Pierre et al. (2003) had carried out a model to quantify economical and production losses for the farmer which nearly achieve 900 M$ .This model was developed with THI index in combination with temperature and humidity. The most important solution to decrease the effect of heat stress is tried to decrease the THI. ...
Related topics
Authors:
Jaime Alcañiz
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr Zahid Nasir
5 de abril de 2010

Thanks for providing some information on How to solve heat stress in dairy cows.

You only mentioend some strategies to reduced heat stress nutritionally. There are many other managemental and husbandry techniques which help in reducing effects of heat stress in dairy cows.

Cedden
Ankara University
7 de abril de 2010

Thank you very much for your article about heat stress in dairy cows. Do you have any reports of some recent research work on feeding for improving fertility under hot climatic conditions.

Hassan Subhani
Sweetwater International, Inc.
9 de abril de 2010

Very Nice and informatic article about heat stress in dairy cows. i would be intrested to know the query of Dr Zahid

Krishan Agarwal
1 de noviembre de 2010

this is very useful article about heat stress in dairy cows for acountry like where more than eight months in a year hot&humid climate pravails.as right said solution lies in providing energy diet to cattle by way of including more of fat in ration at the same time there is athreat of acidosis if more grains are added.i think more r.&d. efforts are required in inclusion of live yeast &protoza. thanks for informative article on heat stress.

Hassan Subhani
Sweetwater International, Inc.
8 de noviembre de 2010

Good article about heat stress in dairy cows
Can use the bypass fat help to reduce heat stress????????/

Muhammad Ramzan,DVM,M.Phil
Muhammad Ramzan,DVM,M.Phil
23 de marzo de 2011

Interesting article about heat stress in dairy cows. To combat heat stress is a managemental practice to reduce carbohydrate in daily diet and addition of fat,organic acids,live yeast and glucose precursors. an interested and knowledgable article.

M Subhan Qureshi
Livestock Management Department
4 de octubre de 2011

A good article reviewing various strategies to combat heat stress in diary cows. I have included it for discussion by my postgraduate students of livestock management. I will present it in tomorrow's lecture and open for their opinion on this page. Mr Hassan the bypass fat strategy may give some different picture as that will yield other nutrient precursors for utilization by various body functions. Mr Hassan, I invite you to attend the International Workshop on Dairy Science Park, falling on Nov 21 to 23 to discuss such issues in detail. And we would like experience of the Sweetwater Int to be shared with investors and farmers.

Zakir Hussain
5 de octubre de 2011
Yup today i attend the discussion with Prof. Dr. M. Subhan Qureshi it was quite informative for me and today i learned the phenomena of abortion due to heat stress and also i was quite clear about the physiological changes in the dairy cattle due to heat stress and their possible solution from the heat stress by the supplementation of live yeast,Monensin and feeding of fats in diet to overcome on heat stress . THANKS to sir and engromix to provide me the opportunity of learning.
Zakir Hussain
5 de octubre de 2011
Respected Dr Zahid Nasir Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany Animal Nutritionist May please share managemental and husbandry techniques.waiting for yours kind response
Hafiz Ur Rahman
6 de octubre de 2011

Nice and very much informative article about heat stress in dairy cows.

Muamber Shah
6 de octubre de 2011

yesterday our lecture was about the heat stress in dairy cow thought by Dr M Qureshi sb was very effective and we learn more about the heat stres . We learn that stres may be due to decrease DMI and it leads to decrease the production upto 35%. Heat stess may also lead to abortion is very much attractive for me.

Muamber Shah
6 de octubre de 2011

Today D.M.Subhan Qureshi teach us about the HS and then we read the article about  heat stress in dairy cow. It was very informative article about heat stress and we learn more from it.

Suleman Shah
7 de octubre de 2011

the research article was taught by dr.subhan qureshi in class. i think it is very iportant article for our country like pakistan as we all know that high temperature and humidity prevails in our country.the things like increase fat diet, increase glucose precursor,monensin feeding,organic acid salt,live yeast and propionibacteria if iicluded in feed then the effects of heat stress in dairy catlles like decrease DMI,loss of production and reproduction,NEB,and rumen acidosis can be minimized.

Fida Muhammad Khan
7 de octubre de 2011

This article was discussed by Porf. Dr. M.S Qureshi in our class yesterday, he explain it breifly. The articles tells us that high temperature and humidity cause heat stress, due to which DMI decreases then VFA decreases which result in acidosis due to which production decreases.

To combat heat stress in dairy cow it is recomended to supplement fat, monensin, organic salt and yeast during feeding in early postpartum period. It will enhance DMI and reduce chances of NEB and will increase milk production.

Thanks to our sir and the author by providing such informative articles.

Abdul Majid
8 de octubre de 2011

This article was discussed by Prf.Dr.M.S QURESHI yesterday.now I study that article at Engormic.com.the heat stress in dairy cows is very common problem in farmer community becouse hat stress couse reduce feed intake and cause negative energy balance and increase NEVFA which cause low production.so it increase our idea about that problem.i will try my best.thanks

Shah Nawaz
Shah Nawaz
10 de octubre de 2011
This topic was discussed by Prof Dr M S Qureshi in our previous class. due to heat stress DMI decreases , VFA decreases and leads to acidosis. to combat this situation it is necessary to add fat, monensin, organic salts, live yeast as supplement in early postparmtum feeding. it will reduce the chances of heat stress
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister