Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Saccharomyces cerevisiae in ruminants nutrition

Benefits of Saccharomyces cerevisiae as a feed additive in ruminants

Published: October 1, 2012
Summary
Introduction The use of feed additives containing live microorganisms and (or) their metabolites to alter rumen fermentation and improve animal performance has increased in response to demands for using more “natural” growth-promoting substances. Microbial products used in this manner were originally called "probiotics", or products “for life”. Yeasts are unicellular eu...
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr. Umesh Sontakke
National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI)
Recommend
Comment
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
25 de octubre de 2012

Good and informative about the Benefits of Saccharomyces cerevisiae as a feed additive in ruminants

Recommend
Dr. Shankar Shete
Dr. Shankar Shete
25 de octubre de 2012
Very good article Dr. Umesh...keep it up...
Recommend
Parminder Singh Chawla
25 de octubre de 2012

Very informative article, but what about the dose and Saccharomyces cerevisiae count in the product to be used.

Recommend
Bhanderi Babulal
5 de noviembre de 2012
Good article. Relevance for crop residues based feeding system. B M Bhanderi Animal Nutritionist
Recommend
Sharma Madan Lal
9 de enero de 2013

Thanks Umesh for the elaborated information on Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Can someone highlight the specificity about strain meant for Ruminants. Second question is what form is to be used. Ideally speaking it should be Inactive Live form should be better option. Active live form tries to loose potency when exposed to environment. Density of yeast should be highest order.

Recommend
Dr Muhammad Ramzan
9 de enero de 2013

A very useful article. It needs regular inclusion to get real and sustainable benifits. It has really wonderful affects.

Recommend
Dr.b.k.sharma
14 de febrero de 2013

Dr. Madan Sharma
The Saccharomyces ceresiae used as probiotic is rumen specific. There are so many yeasts like backer's yeast, brewer's yeast but the yeast used for dairy animals is Rumen Specific. The strain is entirely different. If the specific yeast is not used then you may not get the desired results. So use only specific yeast.
Dr. Balkrishna Sharma

Recommend
Oguntuyo Samuel
25 de abril de 2018
Dr.b.k.sharma How can i get rumen specific strain of saccharomyces cerevisae
Recommend
Tariq
23 de diciembre de 2013
An excellent article but as Mr.Parminder Singh Chawala Said Dose and Count in Product to used ?
Recommend
Sunil Nilkanth Rokde
7 de enero de 2015
Malik(1993) and Rokde (1998) also worked on probiotics at NDRI Karnal.So that information may also be incorporated in the revised article.
Recommend
AMARA Mokhtar
31 de marzo de 2016
can the addition of yeasts affect the composition of lactic flore and its bacteriocin production ,?
Recommend
jayant katpatal
19 de junio de 2016
what about dosages and trials conducted in India for sc 47 species.As sais dried form or active form what will be the diffrence in action via feed and at what potencicy i mean count in billions.Any specific strain for ruminents available. Dosages for pallet and mash feed will differ and how much temp effect will be there.
Recommend
Dr.Abdalla Mansour Singer
18 de abril de 2018
I have 3 proposals about Saccharomyces
Recommend
Oguntuyo Samuel
25 de abril de 2018
Dr.Abdalla Mansour Singer I need live yeast for my doctorate research at Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta Ogun State Nigeria
Recommend
Dr.b.k.sharma
20 de junio de 2023
As a prebiotic , improve the microflora and microfona of the ruman,this help in digestion, absorption and metabolism.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.