aquaponics in nepal

Forum: Nepal sees potential in aquaponics

Published on: 09/19/2012
Source : SciDev.Net. Smriti Mallapaty
Nepal sees food security potential in aquaponics, a combination of aquaculture and hydroponics. Aquaculture efficiently farms fish species while hydroponics ensures controlled use of water and nutrients in plant cultivation. In aquaponics, water saturated with nutrient-rich fish excreta from aquaculture tanks is used in plant breeding before being circulated back. Nep...
remove_red_eye 1170 forum 10 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
September 19, 2012
I see a great opportunity for water farming in Nepal, please get in touch

L. Hutchinson
Director
Freshwater Solutions
www.ecological-aquaculture.co.uk
Email: ecologicalfish@btinternet.com
September 21, 2012

In a country where most fish farmers do not understand fish culture very well. and very few have some knowledge, I do not think hydroponics will be the most feasible development for fish farmers. So if any development agency or fisheries professional wants to develop hydroponics it will not be the best option to develop fisheries in Nepal, but it could be a good business for the ones who want to develop farmers. Why is it that some development agencies are jumping development stages? But people are right if they see a great development potential in aquaculture in Nepal.

July 25, 2015
I am planning to do aquaponics in kathmandu, I am not a profesional fisheris bussiness person. I am studying in this topic and business from last two month. If I need to collect more knowledge where I can contact.
July 25, 2015
I would be happy to set up an ecological aquaponics system in Nepal, but no one has asked.
July 26, 2015
I did not understand what do you mean. I am ready to working on this project. can you make me clear.
July 26, 2015
@ chandra karanjit its called funding.
July 26, 2015
oh sorry for it. I am able to help voluntar only. if need voluntar I am ready any time.
July 26, 2015
@
chandra karanjit Thank you for your offer, that makes two of us in the team.
July 26, 2015
thank you. I am going Nepal on Aug 2.
February 25, 2019

We can do this in western part of nepl i.e butwal. Need some business detail in this case

print
(1170)
(10)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Forum: Nepal sees potential in aquaponics?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Louis Landesman
Louis Landesman
Ph.D
  Petersburg, Virginia, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved