/  
  /  

Piglets Nutrition Forums

Here you can generate a discussion about the daily development of their work, make questions and / or share your experiences.
“Disease, Sex And Genetics And Their Effect On Pre-Weaned Piglet Survival” By: Paul Walker Thompson June 25, 2014 Disease Because the neonatal piglet is immunologically immature at birth, ...
Last comment: October 3, 2015
(36) (0)
In India, there is very little information about professional management of a pig farm. Within this macro deficiency, there is acute absence of information on feed and disease management. Seeing the g...
Last comment: January 22, 2015
(67) (0)
How do you personally save more baby piglets? I think that some of us have some tricks that we can share to help our fellow Hog Producers, Service Representatives, and Veterinarians to aid those in th...
Last comment: January 17, 2015
(686) (3)
Factors Affecting The Colostrum Quality In Sows, And Thus The Survival Of Newborn Piglets: 1. The first point that I would like to make is that a “happy, well-conditioned sow” will both m...
Last comment: June 11, 2014
(66) (0)
One of the readers asked how to feed a two month old piglet, and how many Kilograms per day do you feed it. Let me start off by saying that a piglet from the “Nursing” to the “Grower...
Last comment: November 26, 2013
(394) (1)
Last comment: May 30, 2012
(2429) (4)
Dear Users, This is an interesting forum from our Spanish community, generated by Ervin Poou from Guatemala: Dear friends, I take this opportunity to solicit comments about Weaning at 14 days as an a...
Last comment: February 28, 2012
(2238) (23)
(1) Can boars determine the number of piglets and if so how? (2) How long should it be between piglets arriving during farrowing? (3) What is the average weight of a piglet born? (4) How many hour...
Last comment: November 23, 2011
(143) (0)
We have a litter of 28-day piglets in our farm. What is the average weight for them? Is 15 kg. a good number? Thanks for the information you may come along with....
Last comment: May 31, 2011
(5361) (3)
Hello, I’m discussing with my colleagues at the Pork Institute which is the best feeding strategy for piglets, from birth to reproduction. Your opinions will be taken into consideration in our s...
Last comment: May 5, 2011
(7393) (13)
The genetic improvement has decreased drastically the synthesis and milk production in lactating sows; the technicians have had to resort to the use of replacement milk to piglets during lactation. Th...
Last comment: May 5, 2011
(472) (3)
Last comment: February 25, 2011
(1103) (3)
Gaining popularity in Western Europe, but apparantly already used for many years in the U.S. is the use of automated systems for milk supplementation to suckling piglets in the farrowing room. I would...
Last comment: January 31, 2011
(1234) (6)
What factors contribute to low lactation feed intake the first week post farrowing? What can be done to improve this condition?...
Last comment: August 27, 2010
(1713) (4)
Dear Users, This is an interesting forum from our Spanish community, generated by Fabián Ruiz Herrera from Perú: Is it proper the use of iron dextran at doses of 1 mL at 3 days old and then a seco...
Last comment: April 20, 2010
(614) (1)
Please let me know where can I buy pig colostrum replacement that is good enough to feed piglets....
Last comment: August 7, 2006
(2799) (1)
I would like to know the "effects of water consumption" in piglets. I mean, the real importance of this in any physiological process, since a trial was conducted where it was found that water supply w...
Last comment: June 23, 2005
(100) (0)
   | 
Copyright © 1999-2017 Engormix - All Rights Reserved