The NC State University Hatchery Management Workshop 2017 will take place on April 19 and 20. The event is organized by the Cooperative Extension of the Prestage Department of Poultry Science. The objective of this workshop is to provide updated technical and scientific information to understand effects of incubator management on embryo and hatchling.
Topics to discuss:
- Egg formation.
- Evaluating shell properties and quality.
- Exercise eggshell quality parameters.
- Egg storage and how to minimize negative effects.
- Embryology with impacts on hatchery management.
- Laboratory: Embryology and egg storage.
- Hatchery ventilation.
- Other factors.
- Troubleshooting incubation issues.
- Laboratory: Hatchling and egg residue.
- Post-Hatch quality.
Registration and Payments can be made online from January 12 to April 7, 2017. You can contact Dr. Edgar O. Oviedo for additional information.
Mentioned in this news release: