search
search
We will be present at:
July 19, 2020 to July 22, 2020
Madison, Wisconsin, United States

Yeast cell wall and the innate immune system response

Published on: 02/04/2019
Author/s : Melina Bonato and Liliana Borges, ICC Brazil

Poultry production systems are highly challenging. They are affected by environmental factors like temperature, ventilation, population density and other stressing agents (Rocha et al., 2014). Additionally, pathogens and mycotoxins are constantly present, which may reduce or affect the immune response of broilers. Broilers have a large amount of lymphoid tissue and immune system cells in the inte...

remove_red_eye 494 forum 5 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
February 4, 2019

Who is your agent in Holland?
Give my regards to Glycon my old-time friend!

Aline Almeida Aline Almeida
Marketing Manager at ICC Brazil
ICC Brazil ICC Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
February 5, 2019

Tesgo Dear sir, I just forwarded your message to our sales manager. He will be in touch :)

February 5, 2019

Interesting and illuminating subject on the action of yeast cell wall on the immune system of birds. It is clearly understood that the positive effects of the yeast would be related to the presence of the MOS and the branched B-glucan present in its composition. Taking advantage of your knowledge on the subject, I would like to make some considerations that I deem appropriate. I believe that enterocytes also have TLR receptors, and that among cells of the innate immune system, dendritic cells are the only ones that have the ability to contact the antigen present in the intestinal lumen. And the recognition of these factors by macrophages is dependent on the uptake of these antigens by the specialized M. cells. So I think these details are important to better understand the mechanism of action of these factors in the immune system of birds. Congrats on the article.

dorji khandu dorji khandu
Associate Manager
February 19, 2019

Good article, indeed.

November 21, 2019
its better balanced %between glucans&mannan
print
(494)
(5)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Yeast cell wall and the innate immune system response?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
saman rashid
saman rashid
assistant professor
  Apo, Armed Forces Europe, Middle East, & Canada, Estados Unidos de América
Products
Functional fiber constituted by MOS and ß-glucans. ImmunoWall® pr...