Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Yeast cell wall and the innate immune system response

Published: October 3, 2018
Summary
Poultry production systems are highly challenging. They are affected by environmental factors like temperature, ventilation, population density and other stressing agents (Rocha et al. , 2014). Additionally, pathogens and mycotoxins are constantly present, which may reduce or affect the immune response of broilers. Broilers have a large amount of lymphoid tissue and immune system cells in the i...
Related topics:
Authors:
Liliana Longo Borges
ICC
Melina Bonato
ICC
Influencers who recommended :
Hannele Kettunen
Recommend
Comment
Tesgo
Tesgo International BV
4 de febrero de 2019

Who is your agent in Holland?
Give my regards to Glycon my old-time friend!

Recommend
Aline Almeida
ICC
5 de febrero de 2019

Tesgo Dear sir, I just forwarded your message to our sales manager. He will be in touch :)

Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
5 de febrero de 2019

Interesting and illuminating subject on the action of yeast cell wall on the immune system of birds. It is clearly understood that the positive effects of the yeast would be related to the presence of the MOS and the branched B-glucan present in its composition. Taking advantage of your knowledge on the subject, I would like to make some considerations that I deem appropriate. I believe that enterocytes also have TLR receptors, and that among cells of the innate immune system, dendritic cells are the only ones that have the ability to contact the antigen present in the intestinal lumen. And the recognition of these factors by macrophages is dependent on the uptake of these antigens by the specialized M. cells. So I think these details are important to better understand the mechanism of action of these factors in the immune system of birds. Congrats on the article.

Recommend
dorji khandu
19 de febrero de 2019

Good article, indeed.

Recommend
Atif M. Ali
21 de noviembre de 2019
its better balanced %between glucans&mannan
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.