Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Lighting Programs in Broiler Breeders and Dark Out

Published: October 15, 2013
Summary
Providing an optimal light program during pullet rearing and breeder production starts with understanding how chickens are stimulated by light. Light intensity, light coloring and day length all play a major role in preventing or stimulating sexual maturation. Ideal day length for rearing pullets is 8 hours to prevent early sexual development and therefore assure that flocks begin ...
Related topics
Authors:
Susan Watkins
University of Arkansas (USA)
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr.waseem Abbas Kundi
17 de octubre de 2013
hi can u plz tell me that in which condition the liver and kidneys turned black.liver some what gives bluish tinch
Dr Kamran
20 de octubre de 2013
Some important points are given as for as management is concerned , very good article.
Juan José Garay Portilla
Avícola San Isidro - AVISID
20 de octubre de 2013

Very interesting information, Dr. Watkins. Of course the three points you mentioned in your article are very important to control sexual maturity and assure a good production in the flocks.

I would like to make a question: Nowadays, what is the tendency in the world about day lengh in porduction period?

Regards,

Dr.waseem Abbas Kundi
21 de octubre de 2013

Juan Garay,

I think that its depends on breed, like in Hubbard classic it is16 hours at peak production and in Cobb it is 15 hours at peak production onwards.

Rod Pengswon
4 de septiembre de 2015
This article was informative. In the middle east such as in Saudi Arabia, what is the recommended maximum daylength should be given to the broiler breeder e.g. Ross 308 to give optimum egg production? Thanks for answering my question.
Dr.m.s.swami
8 de septiembre de 2019
Need to know more about light stimulation and day length and intensity required in tropical countries like India and Nigeria. Regards
Dr Suresh Bhujangrao Ghuge
26 de julio de 2021
Nice one
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister