Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The Battle Against Coccidiosis in Poultry

Coccidiosis in Poultry

Published: August 4, 2009
Summary
Introduction Coccidiosis is a realistic problem and one of the most important diseases of poultry worldwide. It is caused by a protozoan parasite known as Eimeria that invade the cells of the poultry intestine. Species of coccidia which commonly affect poultry are Eimeria tenella, E. acervulina, E. necatrix, E. maxima and E. brunetti. The disease is characterized by enteritis, diarrhoea an...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Justin Tan Yu-Wen
Meriden Animal Health Limited
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Arshaq Ramzee
6 de agosto de 2009

Dr. Justin, congratulations for this article about coccidiosis in poultry, although it has a commercial aspect but still it is informative and you have a nice way of elaborating . I am very much delighted by the term botanical warfare. From our distant past when there was no concept of science, human and animals rely on botanical resources to keep themselves healthy and fit.

But, now issues are much complicated than before due to various reasons usually man made, therefore, our approach towards cure is also complicated. Although, sometimes simple things do help like age old remedies but still for larger and commercial operations, you have to be very careful.

Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
6 de agosto de 2009
Good effort to enlighten the issue of coccidiosis in poultry. Well done !!
Navvas2003@yahoo.coin
Navvas2003@yahoo.coin
7 de agosto de 2009

en though it is not very virulent in this region , given very good elobaration on coccidiosis in poultry.
all species are there in india or not wt are all effective in asia or southern india

Lunican
Lunican
9 de agosto de 2009
From all indictions i think cocsi is one of the biggest challenge farmers are haven, as iam talking to you now iam faced with this problem. i think i need this drug please let me have the contacts on how to get it, possibly phone number to call, here is my +23408032628702 thanks
Abideen Busari
16 de agosto de 2009

this is a very good article about coccidiosis in poultry, although, it is more or less of a commercial nature.it contains useful intellectual materials,but the basic problem about the product is that it is designed for smallholders and not for intensive poultry farming.it is as well very expensive.i am hoping to make it available in nigeria,but the only obtacle is the price.it is available in liquid and powder.my advice to people is to buy the liquid form as this can be added to poultry drinking water.this will not give room for any wastage,and the answer will good prompt effectiveness.

Amir Attar
Javaneh khorasan
17 de agosto de 2009

i think Coccidiosis is one of the most important poultry disease. because sometimes we cant see it in the farm but it exist. we should use anticoccidial or some else again to prevent.

Rouzbeh Fathi
15 de septiembre de 2011
ok.thank you
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister