Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Footpad dermatitis and prevention measures - Tom Tabler

Published: March 12, 2018
Tom Tabler (Mississippi State University) explained how litter quality, ammonia levels and other factors can help in avoiding the appearance of this disease, during IPPE 2018 in Atlanta, USA.
Related topics
Authors:
Tom Tabler
University of Tennessee (USA)
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Pablo Lencioni
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr Olufemi Alabi
11 de octubre de 2018
FPD can be prevented by good management of the litter material. Parameters of the litter such as moisture content and texture must be well monitored. Frequent turning of the litter and replacement with new ones can help a lot. Thank you.
Odje
BIODEVAS Laboratoires
14 de octubre de 2018

Really topical subject. Pododermatitis is multifactorial
To reduce the risk of developing pododermatitis, it is necessary to play on several levers
- Density per m2
- Mastering the ventilation parameters
- Litter moisture management
- The diet also plays indirectly on the appearance of pododermatitis.
Finally, pododermatitis management will first start to choose the right material of the litter. Peat, wood chips, and to a lesser extent straw.

Mohamed Elouarti
14 de octubre de 2018

How can you play on food leverage to prevent pododermatitis? Do you want to expand your response amply?
My sincere thanks.

Odje
BIODEVAS Laboratoires
15 de octubre de 2018

Some diets of the consistency of droppings they will generate can promote the appearance of pododermatitis;
- An excess of sodium or potassium for example!!!
- A wheat-based diet in which the use of enzymes is not optimal can lead to intestinal disorders and diarrhea!
At your disposal.

muhammad zeeshan
15 de octubre de 2018
I use to slat flooring then I avoid many problems which due to litter
Ing. Dragan Ionut
15 de octubre de 2018

Hello Mr. Muhammad Zeeshan.
In our country, we use exclusively straw or different types of bedding and we use a forklift for delivery of the chicks. Can you tell me how you deliver the chicks with that plastic slat flooring? Can you enter with delivery equipment on it?

Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
Synergy Biorefineries Pvt
15 de octubre de 2018

The stagnant litter with stinky smell full of harmful bacteria is the one of the causes of disease both to bird and end user. It is nothing but a dry toilet. Regular removal and keeping hygienic
condition is important. Poultry owners particularly in backward countries awareness of harmful bacteria, fungi etc to be analysed and information to be passed to control. Feed containing
solvent free, avoiding processed food with minimum use of antibiotics and drugs are to be followed. Natural immune system with clean water free from chlorine, fluoride and chloro-amine to be adopted.

Odje
BIODEVAS Laboratoires
15 de octubre de 2018

Sorry, there is some exaggeration in your comments.
Litters are not stagnant (in Europe you do not raise poultry on accumulated bedding.)

15 de octubre de 2018
Odje Please send in English language
16 de octubre de 2018
Odje I told as a general found in my country .
Mohammad Nazrul Islam
25 de octubre de 2018

I think intestinal damage such as enteritis also enhances the pododermatitis. Thanks.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister