Effect of Temperature Fluctuation During Storage on Hatchability and Embryonic Mortality of Broiler Hatching Eggs

Published on: 09/06/2016
Author/s : Özlü, S., O. Elibol, and J. Brake / Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey, and Prestage Department of Poultry Science, NC State University, Raleigh, NC, US

Figure 1.Temperature profile of experimental group in a day in Experiment 1.   Figure 2.Temperature profile of experimental group in a day in Experiment 2....

remove_red_eye 410 forum 5 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Paulo Martins Paulo Martins
Veterinary Doctor
September 6, 2016
Very interesting experiment that really mimic the real situation on practical conditions. My question is a simple one: How to explain the good hatchability on backyard chickens where the eggs remain on environmental temperature for 10 - 12 days? Besides this fact remember that, in a cycle of 10 eggs laid, except the last one, all the others suffer everyday short heating (above 100 F) at least for 10 to 15 minutes every day?
September 7, 2016
Very interesting topic. I just want to know maybe I can get the full publication. Thanks.
Serdar Özlü Serdar Özlü
PhD, Animal Science
August 28, 2018
adegbenro muyiwa
Please you can find the article from the link https://doi.org/10.3382/ps/pey253
September 13, 2016
This experiment is important for the Hatchery Managers to ensure that the storage temperature does not vary for a long period.
October 5, 2016
Great experiment.
print
(410)
(5)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved