Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Strategies to Reduce Use of Zinc Oxide by Modulating Gut Microbiota in Pigs

Published: November 2, 2016
Summary
Zinc (Zn) plays an important role in the metabolism of swine and as such is an essential trace element for growing pigs, according to Nutriad. Applying a sound SANACORE EN strategy can make a real difference for producers that want to limit the use of zinc oxide in pig feeds. Zinc deficiency may result in reduced feed intake and growth, parakeratosis, impaired wound healing, alopecia, thymus a...
Related topics:
Influencers who recommended :
Tim Goossens
Recommend
Comment
Eros baroni
27 de enero de 2017
Excellent article, I wanted to ask a few questions: With the use of sodium butyrate is useful the use of aromas? What products acts synergistically, enhancing the effects? As you suggest in lactation diets of sows or gilts? Thank you for those who want to respond. Good job.
Recommend
Tim Goossens
Adisseo
31 de enero de 2017
Dear Mr. Baroni, As a product manager for Nutriad's Digestive Performance portfolio (which includes SANACORE), please allow me to address your questions: The use of aromas is not necessary in this case, as the butyrate component in SANACORE is encapsulated in such a way, that it strongly reduces the butyrate odour. In addition, this coating prevents that butyrate is already completely set free in the animal's stomach; instead, it is distributed along the entire gastrointestinal tract, where it can be most effective. Apart from coated butyrate, SANACORE contains other short- and also medium-chain fatty acids, together with botanical compounds; this composition is based on in vivo tests demonstrating a superior effect over its single ingredients in a disease challenge model. Both SANACORE and butyrate can indeed be supplemented to sows as well. The choice of product will depend on the specific context where it will be applied. Feel free to contact us for more information. Kind regards, Tim
Recommend
Eros baroni
31 de enero de 2017
Thank you very much, for your answer Mr. Goossens. I have another question: To maintain the dietary electrolyte balance between Na + K + and Cl - you recommended the use of sodium bicarbonate or is better a other source of sodium? Thanks to the availability and good work.
Recommend
Tim Goossens
Adisseo
1 de febrero de 2017
Dear Mr. Baroni, Thank you for your mail. In the upcoming days, I will look up some information, and send you my feedback via a personal message. Kind regards, Tim
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.