Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Alleviating Soybean Allergenic Proteins Hindering Nursery Performance

Published: March 22, 2017
Summary
The global swine industry adopted early-weaning practices a generation ago. However, early weaned piglets have been characterized by poor growth performance, known as the “postweaning lag.” A transient hypersensitivity response to new exposure to soy protein is one reason for the lag in post-weaning growth performance. Soybean meal (SBM) is commonly used as the primary protein source ...
Related topics
Authors:
Cassio Villela
Influencers who recommended :
Silvia Peris
Recommend
Comment
Brandon Fultz
Sweet manufacturing
28 de marzo de 2017

Hi Cassio, this is a great article and the information given and gathered showed you really took your time and planned this study out.

I would like to discuss with you how you came up with the feed ingredients & ratio and if this was something you made in house?

The company I work for, Sweet Manufacturing offers a line of equipment that has worked in the processing of feed and soybean meal for swine, poultry and cattle many years, and was not sure if this was something that could be of any benefit to you. if you would like to hear more about this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Brandon Fultz
Sweet Manufacturing Co.
bfultz@sweetmfg.com
937-896-9888 cell
937-325-1511 office line

Recommend
Stefano Calamanti
Farmavet
29 de marzo de 2017
Also other additives can reduce the stimulation of allergic soja Lipoic Acid: An Immunomodulator That Attenuates Glycinin-Induced Anaphylactic Reactions in a Rat Model Xi Ma*†, Pingli He†, Peng Sun and Pengfei Han National Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, China Agricultural University, No. 2 Yuanmingyuan West Road, Beijing 100193, P. R. China J. Agric. Food Chem., 2010
Recommend
Anthony Tugbiyele
3 de abril de 2017

Thanks for the beautiful write up. Do you know where protease and other feed additives I have read about on this forum are sold in Nigeria?

I love to use some of them but I don't know if they are readily available here in Nigeria

Anthony Tugbiyele
Lagos Nigeria

Recommend
Eros baroni
3 de abril de 2017

I have a series of questions to nutritionists:
What do you think of the fermented feed? Can it be useful for phytase processes and other processes without increasing the doses?
Is it enough just fermented soybeans in feed for young pigs to relieve allergy problems?
Thanks to those who will respond.

Recommend
Peter Brooks
9 de mayo de 2017
Controlled co-fermentation (with the emphasis on controlled) of oil seeds and small grains (wheat and barley) can reduce the need for phytase. In a carefully controlled fermentation the natural phytases in small grains are activated and these not only dissociate phytase phosphorus in the grain element, but also in the other feed ingredients in the mix. The effects of fermentation on allergenic proteins are equivocal and will be very dependent on the microorganisms used for the fermentation.
Recommend
Eros baroni
9 de mayo de 2017
Thank you very much for your availability Now I will test, between fermenting the complete ration or just some ingredients.
Recommend
Peter Brooks
9 de mayo de 2017
The problem with fermenting the complete diet is that if it contains crystalline lysine some or all of this may be lost during the initial stage of fermentation. Enterobacteriaceae have been shown to decarboxylate free amino acids such as lysine and arginine and these organisms proliferate in the fermentation initially before the LAB dominate the fermentation. See our paper Niven SJ, Beal JD, Brooks PH. The effect of controlled fermentation on the fate of synthetic lysine in liquid diets for pigs. Anim Feed Sci Technol. 2006; 129(3-4):304-15.at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2005.12.016
Recommend
Jon Bergstrom
Kansas State University
10 de mayo de 2017

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/223576552 _Vitamin_C_An_immunomodulator_that_attenuates_anaphylactic_reactions_ to_soybean_glycinin_hypersensitivity_in_a_swine_model

Recommend
Allan Schinckel
Purdue University (USA)
10 de mayo de 2017
We have lines of pigs selected for high and low soybean allergic response for 8 generations. a number of differences at genetic level.
Recommend
Eros baroni
10 de mayo de 2017
Interestingly, vitamin C research, although vitamin C is unstable in feed, there are positive and other data with contradictory data. Thank you.
Recommend
Jon Bergstrom
Kansas State University
10 de mayo de 2017
There is a stable form of vitamin C for feeds. A phosphorylated form - example: "Stay C 35".
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.