Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Pellet Press Settings

To the Better Physical Pellet Quality through the Pellet Press Settings

Published: November 3, 2010
Summary
The primary objective of pelleting is to produce a palatable, high quality product with minimum production expense. Manipulation of the feed pellets during the storage, transporting, and transfer to feeding lots seriously reduces the number of feed pellets that finally reach the feed pans. It seems that the best solution for this problem is to increase the Pellet Durability Index (PDI) of the fee...
Related topics
Authors:
Dejan Miladinovic
Fôrtek- Norwegian University of Life Science
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Arshaq Ramzee
4 de noviembre de 2010
Good practical article for production manager and they could learn few good points to improve the performance of feed in the mill.
Dejan Miladinovic
4 de noviembre de 2010
This article is meant to help the operational officers as well in order to understand that the small adjustment can create the opportunities and hence the added value of better physical properties of pelleted feed products.
Saikim Gimbang
4 de noviembre de 2010
A very good information for feedmillers managers, may be conditioners (starch) and raw materials such as corn make a huge difference on the PDI.
Amir Attar
Javaneh khorasan
7 de noviembre de 2010
there were some practical information for feed mills thanks to author
Krishan Agarwal
8 de noviembre de 2010
the article is very educative to all those people who are engaged in pellet feed manufacturing activities .the die hole and thickness of die makes difference on pellet durability,a very importent aspect like have been explained. thanks
Dr Jaydip Mulik
10 de noviembre de 2010
Dear Sir, Thanks a lot!!! As your study taught how small things can change the whole world This will guide those people who are working with pellet feed manafacturing industries to create the difference. Thanks & regards, Dr Jaydip
Jordache
23 de mayo de 2011
you can tell something about the components of mill that affects the pellets quality , if i use products with high humidity, pellets are nor durability. you may help with this? what binder can i use in this condition?
Dejan Miladinovic
24 de mayo de 2011

In case you want to know or understand better the physical quality of feed pellets I would suggest you sci. papers written by Thomas Meno (Physical quality of pelleted animal feed http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0377840196009492) as well as Behnke (http://amena.mx/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/13KBehnke.pdf). Overall, pay attention to your cooling / drying!

Regarding binding and binders I would suggest you to:

- Increase the % of Limestone inclusion (e.g. 0,5%)
- Include pre-gelatinized starch in small % and/or some protein gels in the case your product requires high protein content as shrimp feed pellets, etc.. (e.g. Ajinomoto)
- Include some binders as lignosulphonate (1 - 1,5%) Click here 

Jordache
24 de mayo de 2011
thank you for help. i need to know how resolve this problem. i will read the topic related.
Jordache
24 de mayo de 2011
Thomas Meno (Physical quality of pelleted animal feed http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0377840196009492 this article i could not read it. but Behnke was realy good. please send me another link for the first or the article please, That Benke write about glycerol, is reccomend to put this product in the pellet mill, because maybe i will try to do it. Jordache
Dejan Miladinovic
24 de mayo de 2011

Thomas, M can be found by following this link

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister