Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed and Grain from Mould Contamination

Protection of Feed and Grain from Mould Contamination

Published: October 19, 2010
Summary
The widespread occurrence of microorganisms in the environment leads to degradation of organic material including grain and feed ingredients. Managing raw materials under adverse climatic conditions is crucial for retaining acceptable feed quality. Grains can develop moulds that produce mycotoxin compounds either prior to harvest or while in storage. High moisture content in grain promotes the d...
Related topics:
Authors:
Josan P.D.
Kemin Industries, Inc
Recommend
Comment
Sugumar Chinnadurai
Kemin Industries, Inc
19 de octubre de 2010
Excellent aticle. Pictures shown about corrosiveness of mould inhibitors is very interesting. This shows the importance of developing technology in the safety front to bring wonderful formulation
Recommend
Dr Jaydip Mulik
19 de octubre de 2010
Dear Sir, We always salute to the innovations made by Kemin in the field of Animal nutrition. This innovative mould inhibitor will definitely resolves the past issues related to use of such products. If i am correct propionic acid is a short chain fatty acid with aliphatic tails of less than six carbons.& in Lipid digestion that directly absorbed in portal vein.If so then this group contains other fatty acids than Propionic acid, apart from that also why propionic acid is prefered as mould inhibitor? {Acetic acid , Propionic acid ,Isobutyric acid (2-methylpropanoic acid) ,Butyric acid ,Isovaleric acid (3-methylbutanoic acid) ,Valeric acid (pentanoic acid) ,Caproic acid (hexanoic acid)} Please your kindly guidence on the topic will help me to upgrade my knowledge on the subject matter. Wishing the better success for your this product in the Indian Market. Thanks & regards, Dr. Jaydip
Recommend
Arshaq Ramzee
19 de octubre de 2010
A very good article. Product explanation with regard to its action against moulds is excellent. But at the same time, organic acids are also improve digestions, this is additional benefit when you use product like MycoCurb.
Recommend
Krishan Agarwal
11 de noviembre de 2010
a very good information for the people engaged in storage of grains &feed manufactures who are required to keep large stocks of corn where mould is one of the major problems in spoilage of grains,definitely mycocurb will enhance the quality of finished feed.thank you for this new product.
Recommend
Dr.deepa Ananth
1 de abril de 2011
Excellent article and information about the product is well depicted. I would like to know how this product to be used to prevent mouldiness in beer waste. can we prescribe this product for direct use for farmers?If so, kindly let me know th e dosage to be used Regards Dr.Deepa ananth
Recommend
Jordache
28 de junio de 2011
can this product be use in feed pellet mill? i have a problem in farm, with broillers and i supose the cause is micotoxines. some broiller are growing and ather have problem with legs articulations. i use veratox kits and the values of micotoxines are different to sample to sample. what may be the problem?
Recommend
Dr Jaydip Mulik
28 de junio de 2011
Dear all Participants, My questions are till non answerable. If anybody have more idea about short chain fatty acids please update the same in discussion forum viz. different short chain fatty acids with their role in animal nutrition. regards, Dr Jaydip
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.