Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners

Improved Performance of Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners

Published: September 12, 2006
Summary
Introduction The advantages of feeding a pelleted feed over mash have been documented in theindustry for many years. The advantages include the following: Increased bulk density Less bridging/hang-up in bins Less dust Reduced ingredient segregation Less feed waste Increased nutrient density Improved palatability Increased nutrient availability Decreased microbiological activ...
Related topics
Authors:
Galen Rokey
Wenger Manufacturing INC.
Follow
Brian Plattner
Wenger Manufacturing INC.
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Chris Nwosu
Chris Nwosu
14 de agosto de 2008
This is an eye opener; I never knew silage/foliage could be processed further; we get it raw and feed it raw to animals.
Amir Attar
Javaneh khorasan
4 de mayo de 2009
Thanks to the author. There are some useful information about preconditioning and decreasing cost of processing per kg of pellet feed.
Mohammad Hosseini
4 de mayo de 2009

Thank you for Improved Performance of Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners.
The best!

Vasuki Ramasamy
8 de febrero de 2012
Dear Sir, This is an useful information. Would appreciate if you could assist where can i find any reading or informations redarding DDC paddle adjustment. At what angle in each section of the DDC (front, middle, and back) in order to increase the retention time. Our current pelletmill is running at 30 secs and we are looking forward for 2 minutes retention time in order to improve the gelatinazition. Can I use speed invertor to control the rpm of the DDC in order to lenghten the retention time? Appreciate if you could assist. Thanks and regards, vasuki Deputy Plant Manager
Shiva Kumar
24 de julio de 2018

Vasuki Ramasamy I am also looking to increase retention time in our pellet mill. I need some solutions.

Mel Raymundo
14 de junio de 2022
Vasuki Ramasamy....I suggest you visit and check your DDC, say if you have total of 20 paddles, Then the 1st 5 paddles you can set it at 5 degrees angle forward then next 10 paddles you can set it at 0 degrees (just beating) at the same time this location is the same location wherein you are injecting steam, this will help to maximize gelatinization of your meal. Then last 5 paddles will be 10 degrees angle forward, so that it will make more faster and you will not choke up during process(This is normally at the inlet position). This will help to push materials and sending it at the middle of DDC. I hope it will help.
Jordache
13 de marzo de 2012
hello, please help me to solve a big problem that i have at my factory pellet mill. in process of pelleting mill, at the inventory, rezult that are a lots lack of inventory. i dont have p[rocedures that specifing technological losses. i supose that are loss of moisture at the grinding grain process, cooling pellets, are losses at the grain transport and pellet transport. please help me if you have materials that establish procedures and studying the pellet mill process. Thanks and regards!!!!
Alexandros
25 de diciembre de 2017
Jordache good morning because I have the same problem, I will transfer my opinion to you,at my own factory we noticed that the weigh-in is missing and we have uncooked,and after we corrected this, we lost about 1% of various losses..it will be a good idea to get your factory maker to improve your opium.
Jordache
13 de marzo de 2012
i want to specify that this damage is not due to theft, because the factory is equipped with cameras surveillance. please help me to discover process problems. Jordache
Iman Ahmadi Senobari
4 de junio de 2016
Information was useful. Thank you
Dr. Shahid Waheed
22 de diciembre de 2017
DDC IS new concept of preconditioning which gives additional features of moisture, weight and retention control through automatic load cells, moisture sensors and invertor speed control. other features like temperature, mixing and pellet mill amperage control are also available in conventional conditioners. this is what I understand any comment, video or explanation from author/ supplier or any user is highly appreciated for our knowledge.
Dr. Shahid Waheed
22 de diciembre de 2017
Kindly briefly write few lines What are differences between DDC and hygeinizer
David Parker
21 de noviembre de 2018

Hi, does anyone know why my pellet mill runs so erratically? it runs fine but then every 20 seconds the amps go right up and nearly stalls. I cannot get it to stay at a constant level.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister