Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners

Forum: Improved Performance of Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners

Published on: 08/14/2008
Author/s : Galen Rokey - Rob Strathman - Brian Plattner - WENGER MFG. INC.
Introduction The advantages of feeding a pelleted feed over mash have been documented in the industry for many years. The advantages include the following: Increased bulk density Less bridging/hang-up in bins Less dust Reduced ingredient segregation Less feed waste Increased nutrient density Improved palatability Increased nutrient availability Decreased...
remove_red_eye 9169 forum 12 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
August 14, 2008
This is an eye opener; I never knew silage/foliage could be processed further; we get it raw and feed it raw to animals.
Amir Attar Amir Attar
Animal Nutritionist
May 4, 2009
Thanks to the author.
There are some useful information about preconditioning and decreasing cost of processing per kg of pellet feed.
May 4, 2009

Thank you for Improved Performance of Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners.
The best!

February 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

This is an useful information. Would appreciate if you could assist where can i find any reading or informations redarding DDC paddle adjustment. At what angle in each section of the DDC (front, middle, and back) in order to increase the retention time. Our current pelletmill is running at 30 secs and we are looking forward for 2 minutes retention time in order to improve the gelatinazition.

Can I use speed invertor to control the rpm of the DDC in order to lenghten the retention time?

Appreciate if you could assist.
Thanks and regards,
vasuki
Deputy Plant Manager
July 24, 2018

Vasuki Ramasamy I am also looking to increase retention time in our pellet mill. I need some solutions.

Jordache Jordache
Director
March 13, 2012
hello, please help me to solve a big problem that i have at my factory pellet mill. in process of pelleting mill, at the inventory, rezult that are a lots lack of inventory. i dont have p[rocedures that specifing technological losses. i supose that are loss of moisture at the grinding grain process, cooling pellets, are losses at the grain transport and pellet transport. please help me if you have materials that establish procedures and studying the pellet mill process.

Thanks and regards!!!!

December 25, 2017
Jordache good morning because I have the same problem, I will transfer my opinion to you,at my own factory we noticed that the weigh-in is missing and we have uncooked,and after we corrected this, we lost about 1% of various losses..it will be a good idea to get your factory maker to improve your opium.
Jordache Jordache
Director
March 13, 2012
i want to specify that this damage is not due to theft, because the factory is equipped with cameras surveillance.

please help me to discover process problems.

Jordache
June 4, 2016
Information was useful. Thank you
Dr. Shahid Waheed Dr. Shahid Waheed
Animal Nutritionist
December 22, 2017
DDC IS new concept of preconditioning which gives additional features of moisture, weight and retention control through automatic load cells, moisture sensors and invertor speed control. other features like temperature, mixing and pellet mill amperage control are also available in conventional conditioners.

this is what I understand

any comment, video or explanation from author/ supplier or any user is highly appreciated for our knowledge.
Dr. Shahid Waheed Dr. Shahid Waheed
Animal Nutritionist
December 22, 2017
Kindly briefly write few lines
What are differences between DDC and hygeinizer
November 21, 2018

Hi, does anyone know why my pellet mill runs so erratically? it runs fine but then every 20 seconds the amps go right up and nearly stalls. I cannot get it to stay at a constant level.

print
(9169)
(12)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Forum: Improved Performance of Pellet Mills Utilizing DDC Preconditioners?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Associate Professor
  Ames, Iowa, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved