Dry extruded grains for modern broilers

Published on: 03/25/2021
Author/s : Ioannis Mavromichalis, PhD / Animal Nutritionist, Managing Partner, Ariston Nutrition Consulting International.

High-shear dry extruded corn and soybeans and the quest for higher growth performance in modern broiler genetics. Feeding young broilers during the first 10 days post-hatch is the new frontier in poultry nutrition. The same holds true for any effort to boost life-time growth performance in modern genetics through nutrition. Research and commercial experience have shown that it is possible to boos...

remove_red_eye 131 forum 2 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
March 25, 2021

Hello Dr. Mavromichalis,

Great piece of information about dry extruded corn and full fat soy soy as feed ingredient for young broilers, Could you let me know about the particle size of the extruded full fat soy used in the study.

My limited experience has been that different types of soy produce different particle sizes of extruded full fat soybean meal under the same conditions of dry extrusion. As particle size also affects digestibility, how can we control particle size in this case?

Regards,
Michael.

March 26, 2021
I will connect you with the source to obtain such detailed info...
print
(131)
(2)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Associate Professor
  Ames, Iowa, United States
Professional Services
Kurt A. Rosentrater Kurt A. Rosentrater
Ames, Iowa, United States
Dave Albin, Ph.D. Dave Albin, Ph.D.
Grimes, Iowa, United States
Giuseppe R. Bigliani Giuseppe R. Bigliani
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Royce Samford Royce Samford