Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Dry extruded grains for modern broilers

Published: November 11, 2020
Summary
High-shear dry extruded corn and soybeans and the quest for higher growth performance in modern broiler genetics. Feeding young broilers during the first 10 days post-hatch is the new frontier in poultry nutrition. The same holds true for any effort to boost life-time growth performance in modern genetics through nutrition. Research and commercial experience have shown that it is possible to b...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Ioannis Mavromichalis
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Ana Gavrӑu
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Michael Joseph
North Carolina State University - NCSU
25 de marzo de 2021

Hello Dr. Mavromichalis,

Great piece of information about dry extruded corn and full fat soy soy as feed ingredient for young broilers, Could you let me know about the particle size of the extruded full fat soy used in the study.

My limited experience has been that different types of soy produce different particle sizes of extruded full fat soybean meal under the same conditions of dry extrusion. As particle size also affects digestibility, how can we control particle size in this case?

Regards,
Michael.

Dr. Ioannis Mavromichalis
26 de marzo de 2021
I will connect you with the source to obtain such detailed info...
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister