Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Stress in the early days of calves: how to overcome this challenge?

Published: September 14, 2020
Summary
The first week of the life of calves, which belongs to the calving phase, is the most critical period, as 50% of the first-year mortality rate occurs during this period, where various stressors strongly influence health. Stress is a response of the animal's organism to a stimulus, and when it is associated with negative situations, reduced performance and productivity are inevitable, since anima...
Related topics
Authors:
Liliana Longo Borges
ICC
Follow
Melina Bonato
ICC
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Liliana Longo Borges
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Miltos Hadjipanayiotou
28 de octubre de 2020
Is the product available in Europe? At what name? Can you give us more information on the product, and the address of the distributor?
Melina Bonato
ICC
29 de octubre de 2020
Miltos Hadjipanayiotou , thank you for your interest. Yes, the RumenYeast is avaliable in Europe, can you please send me your email contact to share more information about it? Kind regards Melina
Miltos Hadjipanayiotou
29 de octubre de 2020
My email address is: miltos.hadj@cytanet.com.cy. Waiting from you.
Mohamed Saad
30 de octubre de 2020
Is the product available in EGYPT?
Melina Bonato
ICC
4 de noviembre de 2020
Mohamed Saad , can you send me your email contact to give you more information? Kind regards Melina
Martin Smith
Evonik Animal Nutrition
30 de octubre de 2020
Hello. Very interesting. I think I understand yeast mode of action in ruminating animals, but can you explain the mode of action in the pre-ruminant calf? Thanks M
Melina Bonato
ICC
4 de noviembre de 2020

Martin Smith,

In this period, the mode of action will be pretty much similar to a monogastric. I mean, the greater impact will be on modulating the gut microbiota, by direct reducing the pathogens that possess fimbria (like Salmonella and E. coli) and strengthen the immune system responses (APC's cells present in the gut recognizing the Beta-glucans and modulating the innate immune system responses). That is why it's possible to observe less enteric problems and respiratory disorders (health problems).

Melina.

Martin Smith
Evonik Animal Nutrition
6 de noviembre de 2020
Thank you Melina. I will read further into this topic MPS
Baljinder mohal
19 de noviembre de 2020
Is it better than Actisaf, Diamond XPC and safmannan? I m frm India
Melina Bonato
ICC
24 de noviembre de 2020
Baljinder mohal , can you please send me your email contact to discuss it? Thank you Melina
Baljinder mohal
25 de noviembre de 2020
bmohal@yahoo.com
Babatope Oje-Adetule
30 de noviembre de 2020

I would like to have more information about this too. Thank you.

Avsejs Jofis
21 de marzo de 2021
Is the product available in Latvia (EU)? Can you give us more information on the product, and the address of the distributor?
Melina Bonato
ICC
22 de marzo de 2021
Avsejs Jofis, I send you an inbox message. Melina
Quazi M Emdadul Huque, Ph.D.
Multimode Group
21 de abril de 2021
Can you provide product availability company address with email
Melina Bonato
ICC
22 de abril de 2021
Quazi M Emdadul Huque, Ph.D. , Thank you for your message. Can you please contact me by email: melina.bonato@iccbrazil.com.br for more details. Kind regards Melina
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister