Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Production goal in a dairy stable

Published: December 3, 2009
By: Benjamin Finn
Hello, if I have a stable with 500 holstein cows and I add 200 jersey, which is my production goal and which is the mortality in the stable? Thank you Benjamin Finn
Related topics:
Authors:
Benjamin Finn
Recommend
Comment
Antonio Portilla
Antonio Portilla
3 de diciembre de 2009
Hi Benjamin Finn Please call I can give you info to get more milk and avoid chemicals and also mastitis in your cows Antonio Portilla Tel: (52) 2444436439
Recommend
Luis F Díaz
3 de diciembre de 2009
The goals of a dairy farm will always be based on sound management, excellent nutrition and proper health program. In the event that you have commented that these conditions you will have to give each cow from 8000 to 10000 kg of milk per lactation. In the event that you have commented that these conditions you will have to give each cow from 8000 to 10000 kg of milk per lactation. The mortality varies according to age of animals. The female infant mortality will have up to 5[percent]. The heifers will be in the 2[percent]. The percentage of adult cow waste is 16 to 20[percent] annually. What is that you change the whole herd every 6 to 7 years. I hope it will serve my comment. lfdm11@gmail.com M.C. Luis Fernando Díaz ( Farm advisor)
Recommend
Kiran Konher
3 de diciembre de 2009
Settinng up milk production goal is always as per the market and economic conditions. After all, you will have to make to the activity profitable in the given situation so that you are able to sustain the enterprise. The targets of mortality and culling are defined to maintain the herd at its peak productivity always.
Recommend
Dr. Deepak Kumar Dubey
Kemin Industries, Inc
4 de diciembre de 2009
Dairy farm profitability or production goal depends upon ideal nutrition and management of the farm and thus lesser treatment cost. I would suggest for uting metabolic profile test at dairy farm periodically to achieve production goal and reducing disease condition/mortality. You may contact me at deepak.dubey@kemin.com, for further discussion if required.
Recommend
Hassan Subhani
Sweetwater International, Inc.
5 de diciembre de 2009
Hello Dear ALL What should be the goals if we have cross breed ( holstin + Sahiwal Cows (f2)). farm is in construction phase and cows are about to 70 DIM
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
5 de diciembre de 2009
Dear Benjamin You have asked a hypothetical question. You are still continuing your education as you have mentioned and you have come up with a figure of 500 Fresian and 200 Jersey cows. To have such a big sustainable herd you must have an outline of your own objectives and action plan to achieve them. If you have done some homework pl come up with that so that the experts can comment to help you to make it further practical so that your project should be sustainable. On what grounds you decided to go for 500 Fresian and 200 Gersey? and why not other way round and why you want to discard the possibility of crosses in your stable? Your absolute figures show that there must be some basis on which you came up with these figures? I will request you to give the reason for the selection of these breeds and the number of heads you want to choose. Myself and my friends in this forum will like to help you in achieving your targets once you takes in confidence about YOUR OWN GOALS from this project Thanks n Regards, Hafiz Wasi
Recommend
Benjamin Finn
9 de diciembre de 2009
Dear all, Thank you very much for your help and advice! These figures are part of our final project in the University. These are my conclusions: -First of all, the production is defined by area, most available feed and relationship profitability/nutritional value for the animal. -I should define a goal cost/benefit in terms of production and separate Jerseys from Holsteins. -If possible, have a group of high production and another of mid production. Work with rations, with a 60[percent] of dry matter from forages and a 40[percent] of grains or sub products. -As I have both breeds in the same hut I should define what is better paid in my area: total solids in milk or volume. In the first case I should maintain the Jersey as a pure breed, with the best genetic quality. In the second case, I should try to save the Holstein to gain volume and to find an ideal composition for a better economic result. -The mortality varies according to age of animals. The percentage of adult cow waste is 16 to 20[percent] annually. -Sometimes is more profitable less production with more solids, than more milk with high water content. I should compare how much is worth a liter in both breeds. -Some recommend, in order to increase the solids, to blend the milk of both breeds. Thanks and regards! Benjamin.-
Recommend
Farhad Mirzaei
Farhad Mirzaei
10 de diciembre de 2009
dairy cattle farm is a complex issue,you should be aware about shelter management as well as nutrition management
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.