Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Nutrition of Dairy and stall Cow

Published: January 18, 2015

Hello my friends,what is most useful ration for lactating cow produces 20kg milk daily and weighs about 600kg?

Related topics:
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Recommend
Comment
Eduardo Baldrich Niklitschek
19 de enero de 2015
What kind of roughage do you have?
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
19 de enero de 2015

Alfalfa and hay

Recommend
Rainier G. Ornedo
19 de enero de 2015
It depends on available feed ingredients and cost considerations.
Recommend
20 de enero de 2015

You can offer Alfalfa soiling (must be wilted) and hay as a base diet and some kind of grain (low protein high energy) or wheat bran and a source of P to balance the diet depending on the group production, and keep the costs as low as possible.

Also we must know the milk potential of the cows, days in milk, parturition ordinal number, health condition of the herd. And overall, we need to know your expectations of the production system.

Recommend
Profile picture
Author
20 de enero de 2015
Dear Dr thanks,i want its quantity,for example how much of mentioned ingredient i have to give to case that i explained its properties above ?(lactating cow.......)
Recommend
22 de enero de 2015
The most basic approach to estimate daily dry matter intake is calculate (roughly) a 3% of the body weight. ( in the case of your cows = 18 kg of dry matter coming from roughage, remember IS A ESTIMATE) Splitting it In 3 meals/day. At the milking parlor you can give them a couple of kg. of concentrate every time the cows are going to be milked. IT'S A EXTREMELY BASIC RATION NOT CONSIDERING COSTS AND BALANCING NUTRIENTS.
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
22 de enero de 2015
dr 18kg of dry matter how is divided between roughage and concentrate?
Recommend
Avr Kumar
22 de enero de 2015
we found when dairy cows are fed @ 15 kg green grass + 8 Kg Urea treated grass + 3 kg concenterate + 50 g mineral mixture + 50 g Bypas fat + 50g calcium with 2 milkings HFX has perfect reproductive cycles with 20-25 LPD milk production & has post partum problems
Recommend
JeenyOak
23 de enero de 2015
Proper feeding to cows helps you to get the milk amount you are looking and please don't forget to vaccinate your by a vet.
Recommend
Ben Kimoro
23 de enero de 2015
The basics of feeding a dairy cow lie in the saying "more dry matter=more water=more milk=more money". Theanimal you have wwill do very well with an as lib of maize silage and good quality Lucerne hay. This can be supplemented by a grain concentrate with a CP of 14-16%. The feed is best provided as a total mixed ration With an average CP of 15%. It is very difficult to give you a definite ration as this is determined by your available feedstuffs or ingredients. Feed rationing is both an art and a science but this is determined by the feed ingredients you have
Recommend
Dr. Mustapha Salawu
Integrated Ruminant Nutrition
24 de enero de 2015
You could simply provide your cows with ad lib access to your lucerne and hay plus 4 to 6kg of rolled or ground cereal (maize, wheat, barley or sorghum) fed in 2 equal half at milking time. This is a simple and more practical way to feed your cows if you don't have access to proprietary feeds or mixer wagon. And, don't worry the cows will balance the forage themselves. Just make sure both are available ad lib.
Recommend
Dr.shahzad  Naveed Jadoon
Alltech
25 de enero de 2015
One question? What would be size of grounded corn, flour like or middle size with particles.
Recommend
Nguyen Thai Hoa
26 de enero de 2015
Dear Sir If forrage in diet only straw & immature corn plant, what your recommendation for the particles size and leverage to use. Thanks
Recommend
Peter Lester
26 de enero de 2015
Dear Sir, I have developed a feed amalgamation program which will guide you through. It can be viewed on my web page www.quantumlabs.co.nz. Go to the top scroll bar on the front page and view
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
26 de enero de 2015
thanks dear peter
Recommend
Nguyen Thai Hoa
9 de febrero de 2015
What is best size of forage???
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.