Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Influence of fish oil in the concentration of conjugated linoleic acid and omega 6 and 3 in buffalo milk

Published: September 4, 2018
Summary
Introduction   Consumption of saturated fatty acids in milk and meat from ruminants is associated with an increased incidence of coronary heart disease in human beings (Menotti et al.,1999). The fat from ruminant products is frequently considered harmful to human health due to the high saturated fatty acid content. However, a fat component, the conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) contains antic...
Related topics
Authors:
Exequiel Maria Patiño
Universidad Nacional del Nordeste (UNNE - Argentina)
Follow
Marcial Sanchez Negrette
Follow
Gladis Rébak
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ehsan
3 de octubre de 2018
Hi there, I was always looking for a citation to show how omega 3 (linoleinc acid) is a precursor of CLA. Could you please help me to find the answer? Ehsan
Exequiel Maria Patiño
4 de octubre de 2018
Ehsan Lipid Metabolism and the Brain. Linoleic acid (LA, C18:2n-6, precursor of n-6 fatty acids) and a-linolenic acid (ALA, C18:3n-3, precursor of n-3 fatty acids) are essential fatty acids (EFAs) not produced by mammals which must be ingested through diet. Linoleic Acid - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/linoleic-acid
Ehsan
4 de octubre de 2018
Exequiel Maria Patiño Thanks for your reply. I know that they are essential, but my question is "how does a-linolenic acid (3 double bonds) produce CLA (2 double bonds) in rumen? As far as I know a-linolenic cannot convert to CLA. Ehsan
Khazel Aboud Musa
3 de octubre de 2018

The results of this interesting work on the effects of changing the ration constituents through including fish oil in the ration on the milk fat composition (Conjugated linolenic acid, Omega 6 and 3 ) seem so important as far as the health benefits of such good fats are concerned. Nevertheless, it would be more valuable and reliable to increase the experimental units in the future researchers on the same and similar objectives. Thank you. Dr. Khazel (MSc, Diploma, Ph.D. -Animal Breeding).

Exequiel Maria Patiño
4 de octubre de 2018
Khazel Aboud Musa Thank you
Lorenzo Quesnel
Perry Brook Dairy Farm
4 de octubre de 2018

What dose of flaked flaxseed could replicate 70mL of fish oil? I would like to think the fish oil contributed to fertility and overall health on the way thru the buffalo small intestine as well as the overall human health attributes?
Very interesting!

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister