Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Achieving Excellence in Dairying

Published: May 6, 2014
Summary
Take Home Message There are always going to be problems on a dairy farm, finding the rate limiting problem is the key. Solving that problem, opening that bottleneck, will be the solution to achieving higher performance and profit.  Introduction One of the very first things you must know about me is my reverence for the dairy cow. She is the reason we have civilization; she truly is th...
Authors:
Gordie Jones
Recommend
Comment
John Dore
13 de mayo de 2014
I don't think this topic is too well named - stating the elementary obvious does not do much for achieving excellence - you can understand the cow all you like - what about owners, management and labour? - the most important thing in achieving excellence is the will - where there is a will there is a way
Recommend
HA DUONG THI THANH
Minh Dang Trading and Servicing Company
23 de mayo de 2014
here in Vietnam we are facing the Man labor who has knowledge of dairy and willing to let their hands dirty at farm work? How about yours?
Recommend
John Dore
23 de mayo de 2014
Ha Duong, I find that in a big dairy herd in KSA using middle to far east labour - you tend to get labour from non farming back rounds - you need people from dairy farm back rounds - people that are interested and like farm animals - people with an eye that can spot an animal off form early - this is a skill that is acquired from years of farming experience - it is very difficult to get these sort of people in the low cost labour market,
Recommend
Fredrick Karanja Mirara
14 de julio de 2014
It is a simple presentation of managing dairy cows. The biggest challenge is labour of trained and committed individuals who are willing to soil their hands. I know people who have abandoned dairy farming because of lack of labour. What are you doing in your country?
Recommend
Yusuf Ziya Cakir
16 de julio de 2014
The key factor for achievement in dairy farm is herd management or who manage the farm. Because dairy farm has too many factors( feed, labour, genetic, hygiene, health etc.) which affect success and profitabilty and good herd manager should merge and evaluate these factors and find best way for the achivement of the goals.....
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.