On November 14-16, 2016, the UGA Cold Weather Management Workshop will be conducted at the Oconee County Civic Center in Watkinsville, Georgia, a few miles from the University of Georgia.
This intensive training program has been specifically designed for those who want to learn more about the design and management of modern poultry houses. The workshop consists of lectures as well as hands on group exercises designed to help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles behind cold weather poultry house management
- House temperature and broiler performance.
- Determining broiler house heating system requirements.
- Poultry house tightness.
- Insulation installation tips.
- Cold weather nutrition.
- Poultry house heating systems.
- Air quality and bird health.
- Ventilating poultry houses during cold weather.
- Negative pressure ventilation system.
- Negative pressure air inlets.
- Litter quality, management and bird welfare.
- Basic air inlet operation.
- Bird health challenges influenced by cold weather management.
- Circulation systems.
- Attic inlets.
- Poultry house environmental assessment.
- Operating poultry houses during cold weather.
Mike Czarick - Extension Engineer - UGA Poultry Science.
Dr. Brian Fairchild - Extension Poultry Scientist - UGA Poultry Science.
Dr. Justin Fowler - Extension Nutritionist - UGA Poultry Science.
Dr. John Worley - Extension Engineer - UGA Poultry Science.
Dr. Steve Roney - Clinical Associate Professor - UGA Poultry Disease Reserach Center.
Dr. Brian Jordan - Assistant Professor - UGA Poultry Science / Poultry Disease Research Center.
Dawn Dixon - IDI Distributors.