Thank you for your comments. The best definition of Sustainability that I could find and which is my guideline is « meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs ». This definition does not oppose sustainability and profitability as long as this profit respects people and the planet.
Sustainability means zero balance of anything. If you are spending 100 USD and you are getting 100 USD that is called sustainability. If you are spending 100 USD and getting more than 100 USD that is called profitability. It depends on the efforts of the manager of the Animal farm how profitable the animal production is.
1. Sustainability is the key to a better future.
2. Humans rely on natural resources for business, activities, and survival.
3. Ignoring sustainability can lead to the exhaustion of natural resources.
4. Sustainability is important to study even if you aren't an environmental science major.
Challenges for sustainability.
5. We can break these down into three main challenges–
6. Increasing global instability, including the recent financial crisis,
the political turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa,
and the problems caused by changing climate conditions has brought about growing insecurity.
Dr V.Rajendra Prasad