Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The Hatching Egg’s Natural Defense Against Contamination

Published: December 3, 2008
Summary
In recent months it has been noticed that many hatcheries have experienced more contamination, including Salmonella, than usual. In order to better understand how to reduce contamination it is a good idea to review the biology of the egg. There are several natural defenses against contamination that hatching eggs possess and these are reviewed in this Poultry Tip. 1. Shell . The eggshell prov...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman
Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman
3 de diciembre de 2008
I think the most effective method to sanitise hatching egg is mechanical spraying.
Recommend
Arshaq Ramzee
4 de diciembre de 2008
I believe that all of the good hatchery managements apply combination of all six methods described in the article. Action like simply blowing the dust adds a lot of weight to the de-contamination process of eggs though mechnical method removes almost 90% of the contaminants, but in presence of dust or any other organic matter, any chemical used for disinfection cannot be effective and some chemicals even become totally ineffective. Therefore, I believe, simple dust blowing and rubbing the eggs are the key to the process of disinfection of hatching eggs.
Recommend
Munawar Ali
Islamabad Group
4 de diciembre de 2008
This is a good article. In my opinion the most economical and widely used method to sanitise the hatching eggs is FUMIGATION. In Pakistan many people have tried washing of hatching eggs with sanitizer. It sanitizes eggs but have adverse effect on hatchability. Farm Manager should try to have minimum floor eggs.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.