Proximate Study, Mineral and Anti-nutrient Composition of Moringa Oleifera Leaves Harvested from Lafia, Nigeria: Potential Benefits in Poultry Nutrition and Health

Published on: 11/28/2015
Author/s : Dr. A.O. Ogbe and John P. Affiku (Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria)

INTRODUCTIONAntibiotics are utilized as growth promoters at sub-therapeutic levels and for treatment of poultry diseases. The beneficial effects of antibiotic in combating bacterial problems and as growth promoters are well documented. Medication of water using antibiotic helps birds to recover from certain diseases of bacterial origin. However, there may be problems associated with usage of antib...

remove_red_eye 7880 forum 5 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
November 28, 2015
DEAR SIR VERY HAPPY TO SEE THE MOORINGA LEAVES STUDY REPORT AS I AM THE CATTLE FEED MANUFACTUER IN THENI TAMIL NADU I AM SERCHING FOR LOW COST HIGH VALUE PLANT PROTINE TO REPLACE THE MAIZE PLEASE GUIDE ME
May 14, 2018
Dear Sir, for cattle feed (after 3 months age) you can test dried cassava leaves pellets.This is by-product of manioka. It contains a lot of protein and fibres. If you interest in I can advice to you one big manufacturer from Thailand.
July 31, 2016
How do I cite this article properly?
August 1, 2016
Dear Josias,
Thanks for your inquiry, find below how to cite the article;
Ogbe A.O. and John P.A. (2011): Proximate study, mineral and anti-nutrient composition of Moringa oleifera leaves from Lafia, Nasarawa State Nigeria: Potential benefits in poultry nutrition and health. Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Food Sciences, 1(3): 296-308.
klean shikongo klean shikongo
Student
April 3, 2018

Dr. A.O. Ogbe can you help me on how to calculate the nutritional value.

print
(7880)
(5)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
PhD, Postdoc, Cornell University, USA
  Ithaca, New York, United States

Copyright © 1999-2022 Engormix - All Rights Reserved