Moringa Oleifera Leaves in Broiler Diets: Effect on Chicken Performance and Health

Published on: 12/05/2017
Author/s : Nihad A. A. Alnidawi 1, Hanaa, F. M. Ali 2, Sherein, S. Abdelgayed 3, Fatma, A. Ahmed 4, M. Farid 5.

INTRODUCTION Medicinal plants having various phytochemicals and bioactive components such as trace metal ions, vitamins, alkaloids, carotenoids, polyphenols, fats, carbohydrates, and proteins are involved in enhancing long-term health benefits. Sravanthi and Rao (2014). Moringa oleifera, commonly known as (family: Moringaceae) horse radish tree or drumstick tree, is both nutritional and medicina...

remove_red_eye 1278 forum 4 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
B .Sc ( Mathematics , Physics and Chemistry ) ; P G Diploma in Environmental Studies ; P G Diploma in Industrial Pollution Management ; Industrial Chemistry ( B I E T )
December 5, 2017
An excellent information and research done with herbal . There are so many herbals like Cassava leaves with high protein . By using western medicines there are side effects both for Bird And Consumers with drug residues .Natural herbals are to be experimented like the above Moringa leaves and to be dedicated to people .
Immune system will not be disturbed by herbals .
December 5, 2017
I can't find any data for FCE, which is also very relevant . Normally FCE and LW data are presented together
December 5, 2017
Interesting article. It may also interest you to read the following articles on Moringa leaves and seeds:

1. Ogbe A.O., Ombugadu S.B., Dan-Azumi O.A. and Ayuba F. (2013): Oral administration of aqueous extract from Moringa oleifera seed, gum arabic and wild mushroom (Ganoderma sp): Effect on growth performance of chickens in comparison with antibiotic. International Journal of Medicinal Plants and Alternative Medicine, 1(2): 030-038. February, 2013.

2. Ogbe A.O. and John P. Affiku (2012): Effect of polyherbal aqueous extracts (Moringa oleifera, gum arabic and wild Ganoderma lucidum) in comparison with antibiotic on growth performance and haematological parameters of broiler chickens. Research Journal of Recent Sciences,1(7):10-18.

3. Ogbe A.O., Ombugadu S.B. and Ayuba F. (2011a): Responses of broiler chickens to different levels of aqueous extracts from Moringa oleifera leaves and gum arabic in comparison with antibiotic. NSUK Journal of Science and Technology, 1(1&2): 18-28.

4. Ogbe A.O. and John P.A. (2011): Proximate study, mineral and anti-nutrient composition of Moringa oleifera leaves from Lafia, Nasarawa State Nigeria: Potential benefits in poultry nutrition and health. Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Food Sciences, 1(3): 296-308.
klean shikongo klean shikongo
Student
April 3, 2018

I am doing a research where I mix moringa leaves powder with maize and pearl millet. the weight of chicks is decreasing more compared to the chicks fed with starter (modern feeds)

Could anybody help me with how to calculate nutritional value?

print
(1278)
(4)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Moringa Oleifera Leaves in Broiler Diets: Effect on Chicken Performance and Health?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Frederic Hoerr
Frederic Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Strasburg, Virginia, Estados Unidos de América

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved