Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Moringa Oleifera Leaves in Broiler Diets: Effect on Chicken Performance and Health

Published: October 25, 2017
Summary
INTRODUCTION Medicinal plants having various phytochemicals and bioactive components such as trace metal ions, vitamins, alkaloids, carotenoids, polyphenols, fats, carbohydrates, and proteins are involved in enhancing long-term health benefits. Sravanthi and Rao (2014) . Moringa oleifera, commonly known as (family: Moringaceae) horse radish tree or drumstick tree, is both nutritional and m...
Related topics:
Authors:
Assistant Professor Dr Nihad Alnidawi
Influencers who recommended :
Mostafa Abd Elrahim
Recommend
Comment
Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
Synergy Biorefineries Pvt
5 de diciembre de 2017
An excellent information and research done with herbal . There are so many herbals like Cassava leaves with high protein . By using western medicines there are side effects both for Bird And Consumers with drug residues .Natural herbals are to be experimented like the above Moringa leaves and to be dedicated to people . Immune system will not be disturbed by herbals .
Recommend
Joe Stanyer
Farmer Joe Group
5 de diciembre de 2017
I can't find any data for FCE, which is also very relevant . Normally FCE and LW data are presented together
Recommend
Dr. A.O. Ogbe
AOgbe
5 de diciembre de 2017
Interesting article. It may also interest you to read the following articles on Moringa leaves and seeds: 1. Ogbe A.O., Ombugadu S.B., Dan-Azumi O.A. and Ayuba F. (2013): Oral administration of aqueous extract from Moringa oleifera seed, gum arabic and wild mushroom (Ganoderma sp): Effect on growth performance of chickens in comparison with antibiotic. International Journal of Medicinal Plants and Alternative Medicine, 1(2): 030-038. February, 2013. 2. Ogbe A.O. and John P. Affiku (2012): Effect of polyherbal aqueous extracts (Moringa oleifera, gum arabic and wild Ganoderma lucidum) in comparison with antibiotic on growth performance and haematological parameters of broiler chickens. Research Journal of Recent Sciences,1(7):10-18. 3. Ogbe A.O., Ombugadu S.B. and Ayuba F. (2011a): Responses of broiler chickens to different levels of aqueous extracts from Moringa oleifera leaves and gum arabic in comparison with antibiotic. NSUK Journal of Science and Technology, 1(1&2): 18-28. 4. Ogbe A.O. and John P.A. (2011): Proximate study, mineral and anti-nutrient composition of Moringa oleifera leaves from Lafia, Nasarawa State Nigeria: Potential benefits in poultry nutrition and health. Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Food Sciences, 1(3): 296-308.
Recommend
klean shikongo
3 de abril de 2018

I am doing a research where I mix moringa leaves powder with maize and pearl millet. the weight of chicks is decreasing more compared to the chicks fed with starter (modern feeds)

Could anybody help me with how to calculate nutritional value?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.