Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Microbial metabolites and how they interact with the broiler gut wall to improve performance

Published: January 18, 2018
Dr. Richard Ducatelle (Ghent University) talks about the microbiota of the chicken and the beneficial effects of some metabolites, during the 5th IHSIG Symposium on Poultry Intestinal Health in Bangkok, Thailand.
Related topics
Authors:
Richard Ducatelle
Ghent University
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Yusuf Konca
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Kurt Wegleitner
Phytobiotics
22 de enero de 2018
very interesting presentation - it is worth to spend some time to watch it!
Saba Erum Amir
Nottingham Trent University (NTU)
22 de enero de 2018
Sir, Thank you for sharing your findings. Has this study been published? If yes can I please have link to the publication? Saba
Richard Ducatelle
Ghent University
23 de enero de 2018
Saba Erum Amir Dear Dr Amir, This study has not been published. Kind regards, Richard Ducatelle
Pat Welch
Pat Welch
26 de enero de 2018
Excellent overview of the function and cross-feeding aspect of gut microbial metabolites.I'm interested in the impact of exogenous organic acid applications on cross-feeding of gut microbes and how to optimize prebiotics, probiotics and organic acids to improve gut health and performance.
Dr. ALTAF GOHAR
Meyaree International
7 de febrero de 2018
very interesting and informative. Dr. Altaf Gohar
Khalil Bishawi
24 de febrero de 2018
Thanks for the informative and enriching presentation. Is there any special reason for using XOS in the experiment? MOS is more commonly used. I wonder if it has more or less similar metabolic effects like XOS. There has been research showing the ability of MOS to agglutinate certain gram negative harmful bacteria. How would this affect the outcome? As SCFAs (butyrate/propionate/succinate) are the end (beneficial) metabolites, would coated SCFAs exert similar effect (even partly)? Khalil Bishawi Animal nutritionist, Ph.D.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister