Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Leg Problems in Broilers and Turkeys

Published: May 26, 2008
Summary
Leg problems can occur in fast-growing strains of broilers and turkeys. These disorders are not unique to small flocks; they also occur in commercial broiler and turkey flocks. Estimates of the incidence of leg and foot problems range from 0.5 to 4 percent of all broilers grown. What is a leg problem? Some birds may develop crooked legs, toes and feet; bowlegs; twisted joints; or swollen ho...
Related topics
Recommend
Comment
Dr. Manik Chandra Paul, Paul
ACME Group
27 de mayo de 2008
I am pleased to read the article. I am a doctor [DVMMS (Pathology)] graduated from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. Such type of article will help the world to develop poultry & livestock to meet the demand of present food crises. Thanking You. Dr. Manik Chandra Paul DVM MS (Pathology) Product utive The ACME Laboratories Ltd. (a veterinary pharmaceutical company)
Recommend
syedkaleemulhassan
syedkaleemulhassan
27 de mayo de 2008
Nice Article, but little confusion i.e Hubbard Company nowadays recommend 20% CP in starter ration. So that the skeletal growth should be proper and sound. Please tell me if 22-24% is must bcz most of the hatcheries in Pakistan now producing feed this new CP level. Please tell me whether there is not much difference between these two levels, or have some significant affect on bird vigor or skeletal growth. Syed Kaleem Ul Hassan M.Phil Poultry Production Lecturer, CVAS, Jhang.
Recommend
Dr. Munawar Ali
Dr. Munawar Ali
28 de mayo de 2008
A practicle article. Brief and to the point. Peoples of poultry industry should read these kind of articles. Wish you best of luck. Dr. Munawar Ali
Recommend
Saif Ul Haq
30 de mayo de 2008
Dear Readers, This is a very practical approach. I want to comment that commonly in Pakistan at appearance of first symptoms, hastly P and Ca inadaequacy is declared irrespective of all the factors my friend has wrote. If this is the case benchmarking should be done by tibia ash analysis and serum P and Ca analysis. Its a very fine article.
Recommend
Naeem Tariq
Hubbard breeders
31 de mayo de 2008
Good article - Low density ration is a good approach to reduce the leg problem, especially when the feed prices are increasing wordwide.
Recommend
DR SUSHANTTH  RAI, BELLIPADY
1 de junio de 2008
Dear Scott, Excellent findings. Please you could also consider inadequate parent nutrition for lameness in broilers. Dr Sushanth Rai Raisons Breeders Karnataka, India
Recommend
ibrahim ahmed
25 de diciembre de 2008
I am pleased to read the article. This article will help the world to develop poultry & livestock to meet the demand of present food crises. But if you next time may add the leg problems in ducks causses and remedies. Thanking You. Dr Ibrahim Ahmed
Recommend
Yusuf KONCA
Yusuf KONCA
25 de diciembre de 2008
Thank you very much for the useful information.
Recommend
Salma Begum
ACME Group
8 de abril de 2012
I am pleased to read the article. Please add the different types of diseases caused by vitamin and mineral of poultry and cattle. Thanking You. Ms. Salma Begum Sr. Product Executive The ACME Lab. Ltd. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.