Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Highlights of the Symposium on Gut Health in St. Louis

Published: November 20, 2019
Summary
Dr. Mike Kogut, Chair of the Organizing Committee, talked about the success of this 8th Symposium on Gut Health in Production of Food Animals in St. Louis and shared some of the ideas for next year's edition. ...
Related topics:
Authors:
Michael H Kogut
USDA - United States Department of Agriculture
Recommend
Comment
Adewoye Ezekiel Doyin
20 de noviembre de 2019
I really love your work on the highlight of gut health symposium, I also have keen interest in nutrigenomics on feeding animal matching genetic requirements using amino acid profile and would really love to research at your lab
Recommend
Michael H Kogut
21 de noviembre de 2019
Adewoye Ezekiel Doyin I work in a US government lab and we don't have funding for graduate students. The students that work in the lab are mostly students at Texas A&M University. So we pay for the research but not the tuition, fees, nor assistantships.
Recommend
Adewoye Ezekiel Doyin
21 de noviembre de 2019
Michael H. Kogut , thanks for the response Sir, I really appreciate it
Recommend
Dr Prashanth T
20 de noviembre de 2019
What's the role of yeast in ruminant gut health
Recommend
Michael H Kogut
21 de noviembre de 2019
Dr Prashanth T No one knows! An area to be explored.
Recommend
Dr Prashanth T
21 de noviembre de 2019
Michael H. Kogut Yeast has been extensively used as probiotic in ruminants Is this based on some scientific evidence
Recommend
Adewoye Ezekiel Doyin
23 de noviembre de 2019
The thing is, its cell wall breakdown produces an oligosaccharide which is a prebiotics which encourages the establishment of beneficial bacteria in the gut
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.