Forum: Mycoplasma synoviae and Escherichia Coli infection

Published: October 5, 2012
By: Danka Maslic-Strizak
Related topics
Authors:
Danka Maslic-Strizak
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Jahan Zeb Ansari
24 de octubre de 2012
Try to increase ventilation of shed and concentrate on water source. At present also apply some long acting antibiotic injection also. Dr.Jahan zeb Ansari
Camille Kenney
24 de octubre de 2012
I am an amatuer small scale farmer. I have had some of these problems and someone told me that a product called Oxine will help with a lot of these problems. i cannot use antibiotics as freely as other farmers so I spend a lot of time looking for other things.I don't work for the company or anything. thank you.
Reza Fadavi
24 de octubre de 2012
Hi Danka there is no doubt that using antibiotics with different combinations , dosage and duration may work on supressing the Mg/Ms infection in the flock but you need to be mindfull of repeated come back of infection. and the cost of antibiotics. Mg/Ms will never get removed entirely from the body by use of any type or combination of antibiotics . when the flock is infected with each of them, the use of antibiotic may not stop vertical transmission satisfactorilly as well. Mg and Ms could be controlled by variety of Biosecurity measures but still there is no 100% gurrenttee and 100% assurance for remaining free from Mg/Ms at any time. Because there are varity of sources of Mg/and MS such as Layer flocks and they are transfered by variety of means.
Reza Fadavi
24 de octubre de 2012
Hi Dr. Abducader Regarding to your question, in your situation ,I think you need to vaccinate your new flocks as early as possible, say at 4 weeks. what you can do is, test your flock with serology or more preferable, with PCR a couple of days before vaccination to demonstrate the Mg/Ms negative status of your flocks. then apply the vaccines Mg/Ms. The risk of spread of Mg and Ms in a flock will increase by age. At lower age, the chicks needs less space, lower ventilation, less feed and water consuption (it is important to remember feed and water are very important means of spread within a flcok), less dust and in general the conditions are more desirable and managable. when the flock is vaccinated it takes up to 4 weeks to be fully protective and in the mean time applying the biosecurity measures would be necessary tp reduce the risk of exposure to Mg/Ms from neighbering Mg/Ms positive multiage flocks. hope it helps. Regards rfadavi@yahoo.com
Reza Fadavi
24 de octubre de 2012

Dear Dr. Saravanan

I think the answer refers to your situation. as long as there is Mg and Ms in the other sectors of poultry industry such as Layers or other neighbering breeders or broilers i Believe use of vaccines is necessary to protect the flcoks from Mg and Ms infection. The vaccines Mg Ts-11 and MSH are protective when applied correctly therefore the next round of usage is depends on Risk of exposure. It is also important to note that the vaccination of flocks is some sort of insurance for the flcoks when it is combined with a good and solid biosecurity.

in my oponion, continuation of vaccination is highly related to level of infection with Mg and Ms in yourpoultry industry. if the risk of becoming positive with Mg and Ms is high i think vaccination is powerful tools to protect your flocks.

Hope this could help

Regards

rfadavi@yahoo.com

Jonaed Ahmad Faisal
24 de octubre de 2012

I think you should check your water source. The water should be purified properly. You can also use acidifier. Finally you should vaccinate the birds.

Yahia Sumiaat
25 de octubre de 2012

Dear : I suggest to do the follwing :
!- In the feed : you can use Lincospectin primex ( 44:44 ) lincomycin -spectinomycin as feed additives the dosage should be 2 kg/MT from the finished product or you can get raw material and mix it to get the rate the duration time should be not less than 5 days also you have another choices like kitasamycin 20% and you can after that use the prevention way every 21 days also we can increase the dosage of toxin binders up to the double
2- in drinking water : you can sue tilmycosin 25% in the rate of 100 ml/200 L and i prefer to make synergistic by adding fosomycin 20% at the same rate the duration also not less than 5 days
3- the chicks : I suggest to inject with lincospectin injection in the hatchery the dosage 0,1-0,2 ml/chick only one time and one day old
With all my best wishes
Dr yahia ,A. Sumiaat

Danka Maslic-Strizak
25 de octubre de 2012
Thanks to all for discussion and advice. Lord, thank you for Senthikmar shared their experience with us. It would certainly be nice to see and experience from Germany. thanks
Shabir Ahmad
26 de octubre de 2012
Practically amoxycillin does not give any result againnst E.coli as I have used it and found no result.
S. M. A. Halim
5 de noviembre de 2012
Control of mycoplasma synoviae and Escherichia coli strickly followed bio security and prevention the flock with tylosin or tiamutin and CTC.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister