Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Hydrogen Peroxide H2O2 (Part I)

Published: January 1, 2002
Summary
Poultry producers in some areas of the country are adding HYDROGEN PEROXIDE (H 2 0 2 ) to the drinking water. Apparently the reason is to control microorganisms, especially in flocks that are being grown as "organic" or "drug-free" birds. Since no recommendations could be found on the use of H 2 0 2 for poultry, this FACTSHEET is offered to help poultry producers make decisions as to if ...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Miroslav Besermenji
13 de octubre de 2011

I would like to discuss with Dr Summers about some points of this work. Looking forward for contact at my email miroslavbesermenji@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Dr Miroslav F. Besermenji

Recommend
Christopher Hettiarachchi
Maxies
22 de octubre de 2011
D.C.Hettiarachchi - Sri Lanka I quite agree with Dr. Summers to use as high as a concentration of about 250 ppm of hydrogen peroxide in poultry drinking water. If the water to be disinfected is organic free, 30ppm could be enough to kill almost all the microorganism but as drinker lines accumulate more and more biofilms with the time, 30ppm will be too little to effectively kill all the germs. Best Regards D.C.Hettiarachchi
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.