Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effective use of fat soya in poultry diets

Effective use of full fat soya in poultry diets: A global perspective

Published: May 30, 2007
Summary
(This paper was presented at AFMA’s annual symposium on 11 October 2006). Soybeans and its by-products, Soybean Oil and Soybean meal continue to maintain a pace of increased production due to worldwide demand. The USDA World Agricultural Supply and Demand report for September 2006 states that…”for 2005/2006 strong demand for soybeans and soybean meal raises exports and crush and lowers ending...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Sanjiv Malhotra
Avitech Animal Health
2 de junio de 2007

Good informative article. Information on which is the best method of processing soyabeans to make meal for applications in poultry- broiler and layer, breeders would be helpful.
What analysis are necessary to do every time a batch of meal is purchased? What are the consequences for poultry diets and quality of meal for each test analysis variations from normal standard values for each parameter?

Answers to these questions would be appreciated.

Recommend
Tran Doan Ngoc Tran
Tran Doan Ngoc Tran
31 de enero de 2008

Good informative article about the use of full fat soya in poultry diets. Thanks very much.

Recommend
Alabi Kehinde
Vetstock nig ltd.
1 de agosto de 2008
We need to know the relationship between full fat and soya cake to be able to validate the best soya to use. The oil content in the full fat really affects the laying bird causing accumulation of fat which affects the laying performance. Full fat soya is better for broilers than layers.
Recommend
Bernadette Green
Bernadette Green
6 de noviembre de 2009

Really good article about the use of full fat soya in poultry diets... Still a learning curve for me.

Recommend
Dave Albin
Insta-Pro International
11 de febrero de 2014
Extruded full-fat soy is beneficial for most types of animal diets, usually in concert with other nutrients containing low fat/oil levels. The highly-available energy, as discussed in my Insta-Pro blog post (http://blog.insta-pro.com/2013/09/10/all-energy-sources-are-not-created-equal/) provides a sort of consistent baseline level in the diet that can help withstand variation in the available energy contents of other ingredients.
Recommend
Mojisola Adegoke comfort
24 de marzo de 2022

If boiling is simple way to prepare full fat soya, can we give it broiler directly or crushed? I live in Nigeria

Recommend
Dr.m.s.swami
11 de agosto de 2022
Thank you for valuable info. I want to know the maximum permissible levels of FFS in broiler and broiler breeder feed. Also what should be min fat and protein percentage I FF soya. Tegards
Recommend
Arthur Udoh
9 de noviembre de 2022

Full fat soya is good for poultry diets especially broiler chicken and to an extent laying birds if actually the breed, proper crude fiber are considered and the latter nutritionally employed to check unnecessary build up of fat tissues leading to fatty liver issues and prolapse of the oviduct in layers. consequently leading to mortalities and less profit.
Finally implore the knowledge of a good nutritionist for every line of production of animals.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.