Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effects of Neem (Azadirachta Indica) and Pawpaw (Carica papaya) Leaves Supplementation on Performance and Carcass Characteristics of Broilers

Published: March 11, 2013
Summary
Introduction Broilers are chickens produced specifically for meat production, these includes small fryers to large roaster type chicken. Broiler production has grown dramatically in the past two decades; these improvements are largely due to numerous researches and breeding programs which further enhanced feed utilization, growth rate and low levels of activity. Current commercial hybrids with h...
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr. Gbemiga O. Adeyemo
Recommend
Comment
Dr. A.O. Ogbe
AOgbe
12 de agosto de 2013

Doc Adeyemo, thanks much for this your contribution. I only wanted to know the word supplementation in the title of your paper would have been supported with the nutritional analysis of the neem leaves and pawpaw leaves to enable determine if they can serve as supplements (protein source) or other purpose in broilers. There is need to evaluate the proximate and phytochemical of these leaves prior to usage to know what is given to the broilers.
Dr.A.Ogbe

Recommend
Ayoola Mathew
3 de septiembre de 2013
Re : Effects of Neem (Azadirachta Indica) and Pawpaw (Carica papaya) Leaves Supplementation on Performance and Carcass Characteristics of Broilers Goodday Dr, This is a good contribution to knowledge in poultry research, i want to suggest a digestibility study will give the article a better lift and clearity.
Recommend
Evelyn Otoo
4 de septiembre de 2013
Hello Dr. Please do mix the leaves with their feed or you administer them separately as supplement as stated. Also, wanted to if you mix with their feed during feeding regime r during the feed preparation/formulation, and any effect of the two methods.
Recommend
Ruth Amegashie
29 de mayo de 2020
Thanks for the information. But I want to know if humans can also ingest the neem leaf plus pawpaw leaf in a form of tea
Recommend
Faiza Audu
27 de diciembre de 2021

Hello Dr, pls sir what's the ratio in preparing #100 chickens?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.