Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of Dietary Inclusion of Polyalthia Longifolia Leaf Meal as Phytobiotic Compared with Antibiotics on Performance, Carcass Characteristics and Haematology of Broiler Chicken

Published: June 15, 2017
Summary
INTRODUCTION There has been recent concern about the use of antibiotics as growth promoters in animal production due to their negative effect on human health. Plants are now used as alternatives to synthetic antibiotics because they give similar results in improving the performance, live weight and feed efficiency in animals without any adverse effect. Such plants are regarded as medicinal pla...
Related topics
Authors:
Alagbe olujimi John
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Bertrand Medina
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Kazeem Adeniyi Adebayo
21 de junio de 2017
This is a very interesting result. Mr Alagbe should please forward is email to me for further chat. My email is bayoonire@yahoo.com
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
22 de junio de 2017
Medicinal plants had been used intensively in Asia and Africa. In poultry production, there are now some herbal products which will give better results than chemical drugs. More research is needed on the benefits of plants in poultry production.
Alagbe olujimi John
22 de junio de 2017
Thank you Mr. Kazeem Adebayo. My email address is : demsonfarms@yahoo.com
Alagbe olujimi John
22 de junio de 2017
Thank you Dr. Ismet Mamode. I totally agree with you, more research needs to be done on herbal/medicinal plants. I have intensively worked on Polyalthia longifolia leaf on different animals and the results were very outstanding. In my next publication i combined the P.longifolia leaf meal with Ginger powder on egg quality and performance of laying Japanese quails.
Helen Ajayi
22 de junio de 2017
This work is interesting with results that can be applied in poultry production. Pls what are the common names of this plant? Did you import the seeds from India or is it found in the experimental area? Thanks
Alagbe olujimi John
23 de junio de 2017
The common name of Polyalthia longifolia is Masqurade tree in Nigeria. The seeds were found within the experimental area.
Begerano Albert
Agrited
26 de junio de 2017
Very interesting, the FCR figures are not common in Nigeria. for all the options.
Alagbe olujimi John
26 de junio de 2017
Thank you Sir.
Rufus A Oluwafemi
University of Abuja, Nigeria
25 de abril de 2019
This research work is highly inspiring especially its contributions to organic agriculture. More research of this nature will no doubt increase livestock production development in Africa. Dr. Alagbe, well done
Alagbe olujimi John
26 de abril de 2019
Thank you Sir.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister